Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Outer Front CV Boots Torn. brakes out, alignment,shaking. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 02:31 AM
1st Gear
Default Help! Outer Front CV Boots Torn. brakes out, alignment,shaking. Help!

I just bought and used 02 A4 3.0 Quattro and after awhile i noticed shaking when driving. I never knew what it was but after i looked under the car, the outer front CV boots were torn. my aligment went bad, brakes did 2, and then my tires. My steering sometimes makes alot of noise, when i turn. Can the torn boots cause all this?

My question is, Do I have to replace the whole axle? I have been driving over 3 months and the greese fell out.

I dont know much about this car, what do i do? go to the dealer? or local shop? expensive?

I have to replace boots, brakes, fix alignment, new tires, maybe steering.
Help plz!

Old 02-04-2007, 03:38 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Help! Outer Front CV Boots Torn. brakes out, alignment,shaking. Help!

Sounds like bad CV joints. Its usually cheaper to replace the half shafts which come with a new CV joints.If its making noises, definately dont put it off.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:52 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Help! Outer Front CV Boots Torn. brakes out, alignment,shaking. Help!

no is not making any noises only the power steering

Old 02-04-2007, 04:56 AM
Site Moderator

Oh ok, have you checked your PS fluid level?

Regardess, if you are sure there is no clicking/clanking in the steering related to the CV joints, get a cv boot repair kit/cv greaseasap and they might be salvageable.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:15 AM
1st Gear

from your description, you definitely need a new cv asap. This is not a candidate for a cv repair. If your brakes and tires are bad as well, then you have some expensive days ahead but at least you will be safe and smooth.

Old 02-04-2007, 05:23 AM
Site Moderator

ya if its making noise especiallyon turns your joints must be fucked. Id look into fixing it withnew half shaftsasap. Not real safe to drive around on failing cv joints, or bad brakes................Or bad tires............................... Dont neglect your situation.

Old 02-04-2007, 08:50 AM
1st Gear

Well is not clicking or clanking only when is cold around 30's power steering sounds like is forcing when i turn at low speed. full of PS fluid.,but yea i need new cv boots for sure i think, i dont know if the dealer is going to try to jack up the price and say i need a new axle also. so how would i know if a need a new one?

Old 02-04-2007, 11:58 AM
4th Gear

If you don't have a warranty, why are you taking it to a dealer. You can be guaranteed that the dealer will jack up the price.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:24 PM
4th Gear

+1 ^ Use an independent shop:

http://www.gsp9700.com/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm

http://1.8t.org/tuners/

Old 02-04-2007, 05:07 PM
1st Gear

I have no more warranty, i went to one shop but they quoted me more than the dealer.

Quick Reply: Help! Outer Front CV Boots Torn. brakes out, alignment,shaking. Help!