Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help!! wipers stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 04:32 AM
1st Gear
Default help!! wipers stopped working

Here is the deal. I have a 99 audi a4. It was working perfectly even thorugh most of the storm here in NY. But all of a sudden my wipers stopped working. The fluid still works but only when i pull back the switch, it doesnt work if i push it down.

Please any help would be great as to how to solve this problem because it is stillwinter here in NY and I NEED to see if i am going to drive.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Site Moderator
Default RE: help!! wipers stopped working

Did ya already check the wiper fuse?

Old 03-18-2007, 04:58 AM
2nd Gear

wiper motor :: :dunno

Old 03-18-2007, 05:02 AM
Site Moderator

Try this, have someone activate the wiper motor and you listen to the wiper motor closely and see if you can hear anything, it you hear the motor doing something but not moving you probably burned it out trying to wipe heavy *** snow off your windshield.

Old 03-18-2007, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

sounds like the snow storm is gettting to audis. there is someone else complaining that the storm made their cd/radio not work. you two should get together and check things out. maybe its a sign.

Old 03-18-2007, 01:33 PM
1st Gear

it probably the motor burnt out. when the wiper arms are lodged in ice and you turn them that happens

Old 03-18-2007, 04:31 PM
1st Gear

i tried listening...and i dont hear a thing....i hear when the washer fluid comes on....the funny thing is they were working perfect...and while the car was sitting...when i started the car again they just didnt work....could the motor be frozen...and if so where is it located?

Old 03-19-2007, 12:17 AM
1st Gear

did it stop working suddenly or was it already slow? cuz mine got slow first and then it started not working anymore and i had to tkae the wiper motor out and clean it with wd-40 and greased it, now it works as a rabbit

Old 03-19-2007, 02:07 AM
Site Moderator

If the fuse is ok, check power at the motor if you can with a multimeter (which is under the windshield on the driver's side) with the key on. There should be power there with the key on only, you don't have to activate the wipers. If there isn't its probably the comfort control module which is under the dash on the driver's side. I had to replace a couple of modules for the same problem.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:30 PM

If you have a face lift car it will be safe to say its your mechanism that as sized not the motor but you may have blown the motor if you kept on trying it if not face lift then the odds are on the motor or possibly the stalk is at fault.

Best way to check is see if the motor is getting a live feed by popping off the plug to the motor and use a simple circuit tester.

Quick Reply: help!! wipers stopped working