Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help with wiring after market cd player

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Default help with wiring after market cd player

alright so I am replacing my stock casset non bose player with a new cd player.... while doing so I noticed that the wiring harness that I bought from Ebay ( picture at the bottom) will only fit 3 out of the 4 connectors the my 98 Audi A4 has... does anyone know how to do this properly?

-- Thanks in Advance...

PS: I searched everywhere....

Old 08-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Default RE: help with wiring after market cd player

here's the links to the pictures that I was talking about.... first picture is the factory wires that were pluggeg to the back of the stock radio....
and the second one is the picture of the wire harness that I got.... but my problem is that theres only two parts of the audi wires that fit into the wireharness that I got... does that mean that the other
two wires remain unpluggeg?

( the ones that plug to the harness is the black and brown one... and the red and multicolored one dont)

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/5...iowiresxz7.jpg

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7...harnessbw4.jpg

Old 08-25-2007, 09:02 AM

hmmm the black connector you need for the power -red one possibly for the telephone so not required - brown could be front speakers - yellow green and blue could be for antenna and rear speakers so you need the proper connector to match the car and most audio shops will have that, the plug you have from eBay is a standard double din lead

Old 08-25-2007, 09:06 AM

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?im...3D10%26hl%3Den

worth a look

Old 08-25-2007, 09:39 AM

thanx a whole bunch dave... I think that solves the problem of me trying to plug the multicolored wire...haha thanks again!

Old 08-25-2007, 10:46 AM
2nd Gear

the black one is where the power comes from the brown is speakers red is for preuim sound (factory opition) and the multi color one is for the cd changer and phone just match up the color from radio harness to ebay harness and plug in and check to see if everything works like all speakers deck turns on and off with the car etc..

Old 08-25-2007, 03:27 PM

alright... just realized that none of my rear speakers aren't working... why is that? I have all the wires hooked up correctly... I read about the rear speakers not working before but taught that was only with bose system.... any ideas or suggestions?

thanks

Old 08-27-2007, 02:39 AM
2nd Gear

you have a amp that powers the rear speakers there is 2 ways to get them to play sound 1 is to buy a amp intergration harness or the better way to do it is to run speaker wires from the decks purple and purple/black and the green and green/black wire to the rear speakers you will have to remove the back seat and rear deck lid to do this so it is best if you replace the speakers at this time. i have the amp intergration harness that you need it is just a plug and play the only thing i didn't like about ti was that i had to fade the sound more to the rear to get it to balance out with the fronts, but one of my rear speakers where toast, so that could be why it wasn't very loud in the back. i no longer need this harness because when i installed my polk momos i ran speaker wires from the deck to them and took out the harness, so if you what the harness shot me an pm

Old 08-27-2007, 10:48 AM
1st Gear

The best way besides running the wires all the way back is to go to your local installer not bestbuy or generic stereo and ask for a rca to speaker out for your audi, most good custom installer places will have them, or know what you mean. My local place in florida had to order the part.they take the rca outputs for speakers and transform themto asingle positive wire per speaker for your audi factory amp. That worked fine for both my fronts and rears i didnt have to adjust the volume at all to make it sound even.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 PM
2nd Gear

^^^^^^ that is exaclity what the audi amp intergation harness is^^^^^^^and it is made just for audi