Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How can you tell?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 03:24 AM
1st Gear
Default How can you tell?

After coming home from work, I park my car in the garage and I do what i normally do and that is locking the doors. I press and press but there was no noise coming from the vacuum pump that lock the doors. I think my vacuum pump is dead but how can i test or check it, to make shure its actually that? I search several thread but they all had some sort of noise coming from the pump but mine is just quiet, unsure of what it might be....also one week ago I install an Alpine amp, you think i did something wrong?

Old 09-09-2006, 03:31 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: How can you tell?

Try using the key in the door to lock the car. It will perform the same function as using the remote. You may just have a dead remote battery.

Old 09-09-2006, 03:41 AM
1st Gear

I never had a remote ever since i own my audi...from a day to day basis i use my key all of the time....so when i lock the door from the outside(with key) or the inside(switch) if doesn't lock or make any noise at all. How can i make shure its my pump? or what is it?

Old 09-09-2006, 04:18 AM
3rd Gear

I would check for fault in the central locking control module. You could also comand the pump to run via the module. You could also gain acces to the pump and jump it with 12v. If it runs you have a bad module. If it doesnt you have a bad pump.

Old 09-09-2006, 04:27 PM
1st Gear

Thanks! can you be a little more specific because im just an idiot...I know i can check it but how and what do i need to perform these test?