Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do i program remote entry remote in my b7 please help

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:48 PM
1st Gear
Default how do i program remote entry remote in my b7 please help

It worked one day and the next it stoped I tried searching but i could't find anything for b7 please help

Old 01-25-2008, 05:51 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: how do i program remote entry remote in my b7 please help

Turn the key that isnt working to the on position in the ignition. Hit lock or unlock a bunch of times and the remote should resynchonize itself to the car. If that doesnt work you may have a dead battery. Does the light light up when you hit the button?

Old 01-25-2008, 07:13 PM
1st Gear

yes it those light up the remote. But thats about it Iam very suprised that reprograming remotes is not covered under warrenty huh?
I will go and give your advice a try i will let you know if it worked for me.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

Can you do it by sticking the key in the driver's side door, locking, then unlocking it manually? I'm pretty sure this is how I set mine once.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:25 PM
1st Gear

it did't work any other ideas

Old 01-25-2008, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

i tried puting my key in the driver door locking and unlocking it manualy and then i tried pressing the lock unlook key an the remote(withkey in the door)and all it did was open all the windows in the car huh. They keyless entry still those not work

Old 01-25-2008, 07:36 PM
3rd Gear

Take the battery out and check the voltage. If its less than 3v you need a new battery. Otherwise you probably have a bad remote.

Old 01-25-2008, 07:52 PM
1st Gear

Why is programming remotes made so friggin difficult? I searched the threads and found all kinds of answers. Open, the door, roll down the windo half way, insert valet key into trunk, turn on radio, then turn ignition 19 times...etc.
I cut this from a thread in Audiworld forums. Maybe it'll work...

1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.

2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).

3. Exit the car and close the door.

4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).

5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.

6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).

7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.

For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times[/align]

Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 PM
1st Gear

thanks guys i figured it out thanks to dankhound

Turn the key that isnt working to the on position in the ignition. Hit lock or unlock a bunch of times and the remote should resynchonize itself to the car and my did

What happened was that one of my remotes did't work so i tried the other oneI fallowed the procedure above and its back to working Is there any way to fix a remote? battery is new in it so its not a problem.

Old 01-26-2008, 10:09 PM
3rd Gear

1. Take the valet key, put it into the ignition and turn the key to the "on" position, just prior to starting the car.

2. Roll down the driver's side window (not required, but a good idea in case there's a problem).

3. Exit the car and close the door.

4. With a second key, physically lock the doors (don't use a remote).

5. Take the first remote to be programmed, press one of the buttons and the lights will flash once. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. That first transmitter is now programmed.

6. Lock the door again (physically) with the key, (not the remote).

7. Press one of the buttons twice, the lights will flash twice. Wait 10 seconds and press the unlock button. The doors should unlock. The second transmitter is now programmed.

For a third transmitter press the button 3 times and for a fourth press 4 times
That is the proper way for most of the cars but sometimes it doesnt work even when it applies to a particular model.
The way i mentioned only works for the lastest version of the a4 and a3, and its not really programing. These cars use a "rolling code" and that procedure will resynchonize the remote. If a remote is use very little or if the buttons are pressed repeatly outside of the range of the car the system can get confused. Sometimes the remotes are bad and they intermitantly wont work in which case it will need tobe replaced.