Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote program 01 A6 I need help please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Default remote program 01 A6 I need help please!

Good day everyone!
I have an A6 2001 2.8 Wagon. Just bought remotes on ebay and had blanks cut by locksmith! He said the blanks were real hard material. Ha Ha Ha

Ok! Can anyone assist me in how to get the remote programed to my car?

I also have same need of programming for a 2001 S4 same as above request! Same procedure or is it possibly different with diferent model?

Thank you for any help you can be.

Is there any chance I can mess up the original programed key and not be able to use my car??

Thanks again!

Have a great day!

Old 01-26-2008, 04:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: remote program 01 A6 I need help please!

This is discussed often just do a search to find some more info on it if this doesnt work

Your car shouldn't have an immobilizer so there shouldn't be any chance of not being able to use your car.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_632009/tm.htm

The following instructions are to reprogram your switchblade key fob.

1. Take a spare key and insert it into the ignition. Turn it one click forward. (The original key)

2. Roll down your window just in case. Step outside the car, and lock the car with a second key. (The one you just had made)

3. With your second key fob press the unlock button. The lights should flash.

4. Now lock the car with the key fob, and then unlock it.

5. Remove the key from the lock and the key from the ignition, and try it's function.

Old 01-26-2008, 11:24 PM
3rd Gear

I never tried the way that richrich describes. Here is what I did. (and this is per the manual that came with the car) Of course, this does not program immobilizer. This is just for the lockand unlock function.

Insert key to driver side door. Physically turn the key to the righ and press the unlock or lock button while the key is turned. I had to hold mine for a few second.

Once again the procedure is noted on the manual.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:03 AM
2nd Gear

use vagcom?!

Old 08-28-2014, 09:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by richrich
This is discussed often just do a search to find some more info on it if this doesnt work

Your car shouldn't have an immobilizer so there shouldn't be any chance of not being able to use your car.

https://www.audiforums.com/m_632009/tm.htm

The following instructions are to reprogram your switchblade key fob.

1. Take a spare key and insert it into the ignition. Turn it one click forward. (The original key)

2. Roll down your window just in case. Step outside the car, and lock the car with a second key. (The one you just had made)

3. With your second key fob press the unlock button. The lights should flash.

4. Now lock the car with the key fob, and then unlock it.

5. Remove the key from the lock and the key from the ignition, and try it's function.
In response to your set of steps,

I have a 2000 Audi A6 Quattro Wagon. We have two original master key/fob sets and do not have a valet key. The buttons on ONE of the original key fobs do not work anymore due to age so I recently purchased a new fob from a local Audi dealer. When following the steps listed on forums with having one key/fob in the ignition and a 2nd key/fob to be programmed in the driver side door, the fob placed in the door does gets programmed. However, after the programming is done, the key fob that was placed in the ignition gets de-programmed. I have tried it numerous times and only one fob seems to be able to be programmed at the cost of losing the programming of the key/fob that was used in the ignition each time. Do I have to purchase a 2nd new fob for the 2nd master key?

LP

Old 03-02-2015, 08:32 PM
1st Gear

When you get to the step where you have the remote/key in the drivers door lock turned (this IS the key that is getting adapted BTW) and hit the lock or unlock button, again WHILE holding key turned to lock position in door, the flashers will flash. There are 4 separate channels that can accept FOUR different remotes. The flash # you stop on will be the channel that the key you are programming adapts to. So if you find that the key/remote in the ignition no longer works its because you by a 1 in 4 chance over-rode the adaption channel that key was programmed too. At this point you simply need to flip-flop the keys and re-adapt previously working remote to a different channel.

One tip if you obtain a new remote transmitter is to hit the button four times to adapt to channel 4. This gives you the best chance of not knocking out the programming of good working remote as channels 1 and 2 are set from the factory.