Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hyper yellow fog lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 05:09 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Hyper yellow fog lights?

ok, thats 7 NO's and 2 YES....that means im putting the hyper yellow fogs on. lol

Old 10-19-2005, 05:38 AM
1st Gear

To those that don't know yellow lighting is MUCH better for cutting through fog than white or blue. Thats why an IS has those super yellow fogs. If you want it to look nice, put blue fogs, if you want it for the beneficial purpose put yellow. In NO WAY is yellow rice...its the best and serves a very high purpose...

Old 10-19-2005, 05:12 PM
1st Gear

I think Yellow fogs look great..
I live near a very hilly terrain and there is fog every morning on the way to work. DO some research and youll learn that Yellow cuts threw fog much better then others.

Old 10-19-2005, 06:11 PM
1st Gear

Yep... I had super white fogs on my jeep, and i added a pair of hyper yellows, so i had both. The yellows cut fog SOOOOO much better than the whites the many days i drove to Mt. Baker, but the whites were better when simply driving on the freeway in the city cause they blended color with my headlights.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:19 AM
5th Gear

The reasoning for yellow kicking *** in your fog lights isn't because they cut through fog... although they appear to... it's because they don't create any road glare! I went with HID blue fogs, because I'm a yuppie... they would create enormous amounts of glare on a wet fog ridden road... but yeah, yellow fogs aren't rice. I do agree that they are ugly, though. That doesnt make them bad.

Old 10-20-2005, 04:25 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Peteman187

To those that don't know yellow lighting is MUCH better for cutting through fog than white or blue. Thats why an IS has those super yellow fogs. If you want it to look nice, put blue fogs, if you want it for the beneficial purpose put yellow. In NO WAY is yellow rice...its the best and serves a very high purpose...
sorry man thats just a myth

http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF5/593.html

Old 10-20-2005, 04:52 AM
1st Gear

hey i gt a great idea jus now one of u guys get a humidifier and test it ur self ! with a flash light and put a yellow lens over it and regular lens and u make the desition for urself ... and for the rice part how r they ricey F1 has pure yellow lights sometimes or i belive the lower class cars and the up class cars have the bluish lights us to destinguish but rice is putting a 5 ft wing on the baq with no edge for down force what so ever u no the ones that u wanna go give them directions to the airport

Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: ExpLlclT

hey i gt a great idea jus now one of u guys get a humidifier and test it ur self ! with a flash light and put a yellow lens over it and regular lens and u make the desition for urself ... and for the rice part how r they ricey F1 has pure yellow lights sometimes or i belive the lower class cars and the up class cars have the bluish lights us to destinguish but rice is putting a 5 ft wing on the baq with no edge for down force what so ever u no the ones that u wanna go give them directions to the airport
hahaha this is something they should test on the show "mythbusters"