Audi A6 The mid-sized Audi A6 model offers more room to the driver and passengers over the A4 line.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Fog Lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
1st Gear
Default Yellow Fog Lights

Someone mentioned having PIAA fog lights that were yellow on these forums. I am replacing the factory bulbs and I want some that are an obnoxious yellow. I'm just not sure what the model number is and if anyone happens to know please pass it on. I am looking for replacement bulbs and dont want to install a new system or anything. I want a supper yellow not the a faded yellow or what passed as yellow in headlights a few years ago. Super Yellow Piaa, anyone know the model number?

I think what I'm after is this one: http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-H3.html and I'll be going with the H3 Ion Crystal version. The only thing, is that my bulb doesnt have a wire coming off it, like the one in the picture does. My OEM bulb has a two prong connector on it with no wires at all. Is it possible that the box contains some sort of adapter or what? How would this bulb work with a wire coming off it when mine doesnt use them?

Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Yellow Fog Lights

I run the same, very yellow, what kind of car do have?

Old 01-05-2008, 11:40 PM
1st Gear

03 2.7t a6

so how did you deal with the wire that comes off the piaa light?

Old 01-05-2008, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

Not sure, a 2003 A6 should be a H3 bulb, with a wire, the bulb your describing sounds like a diffrent size. The H3 has no prongs, but a rectangular base that is held in place by a clip, and then the wire. So you pulled put your fog housing and the bulb does not look like the H3, because thats what your car should take.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:10 AM
1st Gear

Im starting to see that now. It took me a few hours to get that one! Looks like the H7 is the one I need and it dont come in yellow! lol Not sure what to do now.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

Do like I did and get hid. That obnoxious yellow is 6000k.

Old 01-06-2008, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

What you mean to say is 3000k, HID for a fog, obnoxious... yes, dangerous and inconsiderate... very

Old 01-08-2008, 04:01 AM
1st Gear

I am thinking about doing that. I have theHID headlight package, so they should look pretty sweet if I cant go yellow. I saw the HID and yellow fog on another car a few months back so thats why I wanted to go that route. It looks really amazing to say the least. I hear that maybe the IS 300 has them or is it the G 6/7, not sure which. At any rate, whatever car it was, it was a pretty tight look.

I passed over a website a few days ago that offered a yellow tint that they say can be used to cover any light on the vehicle. They offer a precut exact fit for the headlights and fog lights or a 2 foot long swatch for 30 dollars. I was thinking about getting some sylvannia hids or something similar in price and then use that yellow plastic to cover the fogs. I wonder if it would throw out a yellow hue or what. I hate to spend that kind of money just to find out it doesnt work right and then wish I had gone with the PIAA HIDs instead for a totally different look.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:16 AM
1st Gear

Ok I thinking I'm about to finally understand what I am doing on these fog lights. I need to clarify two things. First I need to know which color temperature is more yellow: 2500 or 3000? I am looking at this chart and I sort of get it but I cant tell which one would be better for a yellow fog light. 2500 or 3000? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:PlanckianLocus.pngThis is the chart that I am useing. In the middle you can see the color temp of 2500 and 3000 for the yellows.

My next question: I have found a few brand names for fog light options on the H7 yellow bulb. PIAA does not make a yellow H7 which is the kind I use. Do any of these stike a cord with anyone: Luminics, Nokya, IPF and MTEC? Anyone have a preference?

I think I'm on to something here: http://www.automotivelightingusa.com...mp;cPath=10_20Many of the bulbs come in a twin pack so that beats paying 100 bucks for PIAA's. 22 vs 100...maybe I will buy some different colors. Not only do they have yellow but they also have purple, blue, cosmic, white and on and on. I'm tempted to try a purple fog light! LOL