Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some Ipod help =.=

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:29 PM
1st Gear
Default I need some Ipod help =.=

Hey guys I need help with this problem Im having. I went into the audio store near my house to see what I can get to connect my ipod to me radio but eveything she showed me dissabled my CD player. Is there any way to keep my CD players funtion and ipod also is there a switch box or something anything please. Also I wanted to know what year is that digital dashboard and if its possible to put in my car or I shouldnt even wast my time. Thanks Alot!!!!
P/S: I got new pics of my car I cant wait to upload them yay!

Old 12-16-2007, 09:32 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: I need some Ipod help =.=

well you either listen to music on your cd or your ipod. what do you mean disable?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

Well she told me if I decide to hook up my ipod I would loss the function of my CD player because I would have to plug it out.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:39 PM
3rd Gear

my buddy had a adapter that allowed the ipod to play thru anunused fm station wirelessly. I'm not too sure of the availablity formy car (nor yours since we dont know what you have)since I have not looked into it for myself butit could be a good place to start. The adaptrer was something that was offered by apple.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:40 PM
5th Gear

ha she's outa her mind lol. do you have a cassete player?

Old 12-16-2007, 09:48 PM
1st Gear

The easiest way is to get an RF adapter: plug it into the IPOD and tune your FM radio to its frequency. The audio quality is a bit lower, but most people won't notice. Radio Shack will set you up if you have trouble finding it.

Pay attention to whether it supports IPODs or just generic MP3 players, and also if it'll recharge it.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

That was my nexy step if anything to just get the FM transmitterplus its cheaper. LOL ok then thanks alot. BTW I have a 99.5 1.8TQ

Old 12-16-2007, 11:59 PM
1st Gear

no she isnt out of her mind. You can get an adapter that plugs in through the cd changer jack. (this delivers the best audio quality). other than this there are fm transmitters that are universal and cassette decks. (either way u lose a bit of clarity but if you listen to cds alot than they might be the best for you)

Old 12-17-2007, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

Um i looked into this for a B6, the CD player comes with two outputs one for the indeck CD changer and one for the external CD/DVD changer. Once the other CD changer is pluged into the back the radio is enabled to have 2 CD changers (you can tap into this connection and connect your IPOD) your local dealer has this cable for sale and it is the OEM version for the IPOD. Here apperently my city is most expensive than most of the states it would cost me $220 I belive just for that cable + IPOD + install and I would do the install myself. Check how much it is at your local dealer for me and than I might buy one from them cuz here everything appears to be twice the price!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:28 AM
1st Gear

Ok cool but this is for your B6 is that same jack in the B5 does my CD player have an extra jack I need to go check this out.

Quick Reply: I need some Ipod help =.=