Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm in Agony!!! Please Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Default I'm in Agony!!! Please Help!!!

I am a new Audi A4 owner and having a horendous experience. I purchased my brand new A4 (first time with Audi) the first part of April and prodeced to drive it for two weeks. After two weeks, the car would not start or run!!! It has been in the shop for the last 3+ weeks and nobody knows what is wrong with the car. The dealer mechanic is stumped and the factory engineer has no idea what is wrong.The dealer has been very good through this process but Audi USA hasno sense of urgency.Does anyone know ofa good contact internal to Audi or have any suggestions?

Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: I'm in Agony!!! Please Help!!!

OMG I would not let that happen to me, they would be giving me a brand new car with maybe even a few better options for making you sit without the new car that you are still paying for. That's a joke. I would be hounding their asses like 4 times a day to get on it.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:27 PM
4th Gear

No problem.
There are only 2 solutions I would accept.

1. Give me a loaner car, an audi of similar year and features until the car is fixed.
or
2. Take back the lemon I bought, and exchange it with another brand new car that works.

Not sure how to get them to respond quicker, maybe a call from your attorney withthe threat of a lawsuit would make them take care of things faster.

Old 03-12-2007, 08:28 PM
3rd Gear

well as long as they are giving you a loaner - who cares how long it takes them where are you at? there are lemon laws where I live - somthing that new and it breaks down a lot would have to give you a refund or a new car.

Old 03-12-2007, 10:16 PM
4th Gear

I believe the law says you gotta give them three opportunities to fix it. If the problem persists then its a lemon and they have to take it back or reimburse you somehow. Stay on their asses till they sort it out. Thats just unacceptable.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 PM
2nd Gear

is it just me or does someone else see something wrong with this time line? Bought it the first part of april, drove it for two weeks and then wouldn't start or run and now it's been in the shop for the last 3 weeks? Did he mean the first part of Febuary maybe? If that were the case (you got the brand new car in Febuary) then I would threaten the dealer by mentioning the words "my lawyer says..." and if they don't give you a new car then actually get a lawyer. Take them to court, get some money and then buy from another Audi dealership. Yes- still buy an Audi! This has to be a fluke.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 PM
4th Gear

brand new car.. i would be up their ***... you just dropped a pretty penny on a brand new car they had better cater to your every whim