Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake kit problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 12:57 AM
Default Intake kit problems

I feel like this is an extremely noob question, but I want to get this working since I lost the reciept and can't return it.

Anywho, I bought a K&N intake kit for my 1998 1.8t. I got it in fine and everything followed the intructions exactly. When I started it up and pushed the acceleration, the RPM's went up to about 1.2k RPM's and then would stutter about there. When I let off the acceleration it would drop down to about 100 RPM's and almost stall out then come back up to a normal idle. If I were to go into the engine and accelerate it from there it would do the same thing for a little bit but then rev like normal. At that point I could go inside the car and press on the gas and it would be normal again. Once I turn the car off and back on again it would act the same way, only reving to about 1.2k RPM's and then almost stall out.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:58 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Intake kit problems

did you accidentally disconnect something when you were changing the filter??

Old 06-12-2007, 12:59 AM

Not sure if it applies to B5, but the B6 guys were having problems with K&n showing up new with too much oil on them and that oil was ruining the MAF sensor. Just throwing that out there.....
[align=left] [/align]

Old 06-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Site Moderator

Something isnt hooked back up right. Tripple check all connections around the intake. Sounds like the turbo inlet hose isnt back on right at the airbox. Er this is a cone intake or pannel filter?

Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 AM
Administrator

yeah my guess would be that extra air might be getting in after the MAF.. but the point of oil residue on the MAF sensor is a very good point.

Old 06-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: fahquad
Not to thread jack... But.... Has anyone ever actually emailed you for your mod list? Is it really so difficult to list your mods in your sig?

Old 06-12-2007, 01:00 PM

haha he likes to be "mysterious"

Old 06-12-2007, 01:05 PM
2nd Gear

if all else fails put the sotck air box back in and try that, if it works like normal, put the K&N filter back in, and go slow maybe u missed something or plugged in something wrong.

Old 06-12-2007, 01:10 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: fahquad
Not to thread jack... But.... Has anyone ever actually emailed you for your mod list? Is it really so difficult to list your mods in your sig?
I was curious as to what he has..but too lazy to email

Old 06-12-2007, 01:27 PM

When I called K&N about their intake KIT, not filter, they offered me the 57i intake. This was their international intake kit and they had no idea if it would work properly on the american version of the a4. I dont know if anyone knows if it actually does work w/o problems, but if you got the kit instead of just the filter that could be part of your problem

Quick Reply: Intake kit problems