Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intermittent cold start?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 06:24 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: intermittent cold start?

intermittent cold start is gone????? So right now here in OR, its about 60-about 80 deg, car starts fine???????

Old 04-24-2005, 06:33 PM
4th Gear

Some cars have a cold start injector, or setting that enriches the fuel for cold starts. Could be that or perhaps even the temperature sensor.

Did anyone check for codes?

Old 06-24-2005, 03:52 AM
1st Gear

Follow up since last post,

Intermittent cold start problem still exist since the last post, my definiton on intermittent cold start = when I start my car up, it take 2 turns or crank before my car starts.

1) Brought my car in and they said that they did not find any problems or codes. (no cold start problem)

2) Brought it home the next day and thereafter, intermittent problem still present.......

3) Called Audi dealer service back and told them my car still has intermittent PROBLEM

4) They told me to change my GAS from Premium to unleaded, because GAS is not burning fast enough during the winter. (note: it's already summer and its between 60-90 deg in OR) and they said this is happening across the board with Mercades/bmw.....

5) Posted part (4) on audiforums and audiforums told me that is Bull........

6) Called Audi USA about problem and I told them that my dealer is not providing me sufficient service and that I am concerned about the worsening condition of my audi.

7) Audi USA did their work, (keep in mind that my warranty is over in less than 1k miles) I also wanted to know if my warranty will be extended due to intermittent problem not fixed.

This is what service sent me:

Hello, this is (HIS NAME) with Sunset Audi. Audi is working on a soft ware reprogram for this issue as we speak, however federal testing my lead to months before the release. When the release occurs I will talk with Audi and the repair will be at no charge. I only wish that we have a date when this will occur, you may want to check with us in a couple of months.

(HIS NAME)
(HIS BUSINESS NUMBER)

8) Today I went to the mall with my fiance, when I was about to leave the mall my audi could not start at all......when I turned the key several times, all I heard was rattling noise in engine. Stereo, windows, light were still working.

9) my audi was towed to audi dealership tonight.....

10) Any suggestions about what the problem could be (just in case these service workers tell me nothing's wrong once again), my car is 900 ml over warranty and they bluntly told me that I have to pay due to warranty is over. told them about previous conversation with audi serviceman regarding extended warranty. And now Audi dealership is demanding documentation and proof of serviceman's statement. ........

Thanks all for reading and your replies.

Silver_Rings