Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod adaptor from "MP3yourcar.com"

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Default iPod adaptor from "MP3yourcar.com"

I've seen people in this forum recommend this unit before and i've checked the website out a couple of times..
well my girlfriend got it for me for my birthday and i have it installed in my A4 , let me tell you THIS THING IS GREAT!!
no more crackling sound from the FM modulator, trying to find the best freq., humming from the tape deck...,
the sound quality out of this thing is GREAT!! CD quality sound from my iPod, HELL YEAH !!

oh, and the fact that you can use your headunit's changer controls is SOOOOOOOO convieninet !! but the feature that i find equally imprssive but was never mentioned on the website, when you turn your car on/off your iPod turns on/off with it (nice). no more wasting your battery of getting back in the car 30mins later to find your iPod still playing. and when you turn it on, it starts right back up exactly where it left off, even if its in the middle of a song.

Bottom line fellas.. i wanted to be a first hand account of someone who has purchased this unit. I couldn't be happier.
anyone out there with an iPod, you MUST order one of these.

Old 03-05-2005, 05:08 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: iPod adaptor from "MP3yourcar.com"

link pls.

-T

Old 03-05-2005, 07:13 PM

http://mp3yourcar.com/

Old 03-07-2005, 08:27 PM

just trying to keep this post alive............

does no-one else here have an iPod?

Old 03-08-2005, 05:28 AM
2nd Gear

i searched for a 96 a4 and it said no products found. is mine different from the newer a4s?

Old 03-08-2005, 05:53 PM

mine is a 2001 and i didn't have any probs.....
if i remember correctly the booklet that came with the unit had all model years listed (there are dip-switches on the unit which must be set for each specific vehicle/year).
i'll check the book tonight when i get home to see if 96 is listed
if you have an iPod YOU NEED TO GET THIS THING!!

Old 03-08-2005, 07:34 PM
3rd Gear

question...how do you turn it on...not the ipod..i have one...how do you access the ipod..do you press the CD button...or just press play??

Old 03-08-2005, 07:52 PM
2nd Gear

awesome jd, thanks for checkin on that, i'm definitely interested in one of these

Old 03-08-2005, 08:52 PM

allright, BFlan sorry i was wrong i just checked the booklet and it said "ALL MODELS 1998-2004" , not "1996".
so i guess tthey dont make an adaptor for the 96 yet... ..
but my friend has a new Maxima and he's in the same situation you are, they dont make the adaptor for his car. Well he actually called the number listed in the "Contact Us" section and they told him that they are constantly working on more vehicles and to check back often.
You may want to call and inquire (i believe they are in Cali also so it's proboly not that expensive of a call) because good buisness would say that if you get a lot of calls concerning a certin vehicle type (ie '96 A4) you would speed up the making of the adaptor for that vehicle.

A4AutoCrosser, the adaptor turns on/off with your stereo. It plugs into the CD changer harness in the trunk and gets its power from the harness, so when your stereo comes on/off the iPod does the same. As far as accessing it, my headunit (Symphony) has a "CDC" button for the CD changer, when i press it it takes the feed from the iPod through the changer harness. The adaptor comes with a 12-foot long cable so i have it ran through the moldings, under the seat, coming up by my center console. So when i have my iPod plugged in it just sits in the cupholders under my armrest. The track buttons on my headunit will skip tracks but if i need to go into the iPod menu's (for a specific artist or something) the iPod is right in my center console and all of its menus and functions still work while its plugged in.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:03 PM
2nd Gear

thanks again jd, i'll def give em a call....or twenty

Quick Reply: iPod adaptor from "MP3yourcar.com"