Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just got my B5 1.8T Quattro S

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2007, 08:42 PM
1st Gear
Default Just got my B5 1.8T Quattro S

I read through the stickies, and I still have some questions.

1. What is my wheel offset?
2. Where can I find a GIAC tip chip?
3. Where can I find tasteful visual mods?
4. I plan on autocrossing this car, so where should I look for good suspension and brake mods?
5. I have $2500 right now set aside for mods, with about $3000 saved up for service issues and the like. I have a steady $7 hourly income and work 7 days a week, so money flow isn't really a problem. (Screw clothes and food, gas and mods FTW right?)
6. What online shops do you guys use to get go-fast parts from?
7. Would running a GIAC tip chip and an APR ECU upgrade be a bad idea? Should I just stick with soley GIAC? Are they even seperate chips?
8. Minus the timing belt, is there anything else I should worry about replacing? This car has to last me through college and I'm only a sophomore in HS right now.

Thanks for the help guys!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 08-04-2007, 09:05 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Just got my B5 1.8T Quattro S

welcome, first off all pics? Your wheel offset is 35, you can find a GIAC tip chip at http://www.giacusa.com , or try the classifieds here on AF, good suspension for the car is STASIS at http://www.stasisengineering.com, go with the big brake kit, you can get the rest, i gotta go.

Old 08-04-2007, 10:42 PM
4th Gear

6. Ecstuning.com and purems.com are decent suppliers. carparts.com is decent too for non-mod type parts.

if you're going to autox, and your gonna chip it, be aware that this throws you into DSP class.
WhenI ran that, the other guys (almost all) were running slicks. Im looking for a cheap set of rims i can use for autox and then will get some slick tires so i can keep up.
Just find adecent set of coilovers, get some better rotors and pads.
search the forum, you can find a lot of info on those.

8. other commom issues at higher mileageare tie-rod ends, control arms, wheel bearing, cv joints.

Old 08-05-2007, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

No, I didn't know that. I know mostly everyone in the autoX scene in my town, and they know I don't have the skill to back the mods done to my car. I don't think it should be a problem. But if I got a program on the chip to return it to stock settings or a very minimal tune or something that shouldn't be a problem right?

If I planned on autocrossing once a month, with agressive cruises 4 times a month, at 70k should I go ahead and replace all of those suspension parts that are known to fail right now?

[align=left] [/align]

Old 08-05-2007, 04:00 PM
1st Gear

(i've done a grand total of two events in my dads e36 M3)
[align=left] [/align]