Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:31 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: K&N

Dish soap really???? Man I knew it!!!! The stupid cleaning kit contains what smells like WINDOW CLEANER! LOL Is there anything we can use for oil other than the oil that comes in the cleaner kit?

Old 05-08-2007, 10:35 PM

You don't actually need any oil, they just like selling recharge kits. You don't see any paper filters with oil on them. They will feed you a line about how the oil helps filter dust. But it's not really enough to do you any good.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:51 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: x1rider

I did have a problem, I put a K&N on my EvoMS intake and the filter was over-oiled right out of the box. It kept throwing me into limp mode (with no CEL). After scanning the car, I found a "car running too rich" DTC. The oiled MAF sensor could not meter the air coming in properly giving me the DTC and the limp mode. I removed excess oil from the filter, changed the MAF sensor and that was the last I heard of it. I ordered an AEM Dryflow air filter, no oil, no problems anymore (I hope).
what are the commansystoms if this happens?????
ive had my KnN cone in for almost a year now and havnt had any problems, to my knowledge anyway..........
how do you mean with "limp mode"?? no acceleration??

Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: thebishop

You don't actually need any oil, they just like selling recharge kits. You don't see any paper filters with oil on them. They will feed you a line about how the oil helps filter dust. But it's not really enough to do you any good.
yea the oil in the kit and what is on the filter when new is ment to stop a certain amount of dust passing through that the cone itself will not.