Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lightened Crank Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Lightened Crank Pulley

basically a worthless mod... money could be invested in better places. 1 pulley wont make a big difference. Change them all and you may help your motor run a little more freely, but thats quite a bit of cash, that could go into a chip or K04 if need be.

Old 02-27-2007, 06:10 PM
3rd Gear

I get that now at 113k.. I dont know im just trying to squeez every lask bit of hp out of my gt28rs set up and i need to to a tb soon along with some head work.. going to port and polish head and port match my intake manifold nothing major because you cant do anything crazy with the atw head or manifold just a tad while its off...

Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

i know everyone says this, but it wasnt $199 when i got it. it came either with anupgradedtiming belt kit or was on sale. if i was going to do it over again (and probably will this summer) i would throw caution to the wind and put underdrive pulleys on, but no one can assure me that my car wont stall at idle with their pulleys.
from my american v-8 days (always has a vag car daily driver though) a pulley that is too small that makes you have to keep revving the engine at idle is no fun at all, unless its strictly a 1/4mile runner. i havent been able to talk to anyone who has actually used underdrive pulleys on our a4's. anyone else?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:25 PM
3rd Gear

i had one on my 350, i didnt have to tab the gas, it had a lobby idle due to the cam but never satlled only on cold days..

Old 02-27-2007, 06:25 PM
4th Gear

yea, i've heard of the underdrive pullys causing problems like that
and that the lightweight ones cause vibrations

i doubt you will se any larger gains by switching to an underdrive one...unlike the domestic v8 cars (which they sound awesome on btw)

Old 02-27-2007, 07:31 PM
3rd Gear

yea my 350 sounded mean.. im trying to dig up the last run we filmed b4 I sold it my friend claims to have it.. did a sick burnout and a bunch of donuts and some pulls to redline on the highway right b4I drove it to the buyers house..lol

Old 02-27-2007, 07:37 PM
4th Gear

haha, thats the way to send it off johnny

Old 05-23-2007, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

I heard that underdrive helps increase 15 horsepower or more. And these performance pulleys are larger than the stock installed on vehicles. Which makes it easier for the engine to spin and is capable of redirecting energy to improve the car's performance.

Old 05-24-2007, 01:25 AM
2nd Gear

i have the ecs tuning underdrive pulley and i did not notice any vibes from it but i did notice that the car rev'ed a little fast and my gas milage went up .1

Old 05-24-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: mikebart

I heard that underdrive helps increase 15 horsepower or more. And these performance pulleys are larger than the stock installed on vehicles. Which makes it easier for the engine to spin and is capable of redirecting energy to improve the car's performance.
maybeon a b16 or something else, but not on a 1.8t.

People have actually installed nuespeed underdrive pulleys and lost 3-5hp on 3 runs (same dyno, ~same temp). Lightweight pullies are fine if you want some better throttle response but please steer clear of underdrive pulleys.Ihave seen to many complaints with those withunderdrive pulleys and no real gains with anytype of pulleys.

Quick Reply: Lightened Crank Pulley