Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Making your own Clear corners

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 12:11 PM
1st Gear
Default Making your own Clear corners

Does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to make my own clear corners. I have a 2001 A4 1.8t. I've read a little about it here but would love to have a detailed guide.

Old 07-11-2004, 01:18 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Making your own Clear corners

r u sure you can do it with the 1 piece headlight?

Old 07-11-2004, 02:03 PM
3rd Gear

Yes, of course it can be done!!

I have done four clear corner mods so far; one on my S4 and three other cars. I will be doing a clear corner once again on my ram-air project lamp today, too.

Here's a good tech article, but let me advise you first on the most important thing. GO SLOWLY! Take your time and always stop and check your progress. It is a tricky thing to make sure you don't make a mistake and any mistake will be irreversible and leave an ugly result that will haunt you for the rest of your ownership. Don't get me wrong, technically it isn't a difficult mod to do at all, but the skill required is a patient and steady hand.

Also, make sure you use the proper tools. Without the proper tools you will be raising the chances that you will cause damage. The proper tools make it very easy to do.

In specifics, when you are drilling, take your time and think ahead. Make sure that you don't over-drill the tabs. There is a tendency to do too much and then you end up scratching the silver coating that surrounds the tabs. The result will be a black mark; the silver coating is very thin and easily scratched. Secondly, when removing the orange plastic reflector pieces, be sure to go slowly so as not to scratch the silver reflective coating. I can't emphasize enough.... think ahead and GO SLOWLY!!

If you have any questions before starting this project, feel free to ask. Read the tech article thoroughly first; make sure you understand everything.

Anyway, here's the tech article:
Clear Corner Mod - B5 A4/S4

Old 07-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Site Moderator

I did it 2 days ago to a used light I bought. VERY SIMPLE and I did one light in 15 minutes.
I used the tech article that ImolaS4 quotes above.