Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB Quart

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: MB Quart

I'm not sure where you guys get your car audio stuff, but www.onlinecarstereo.com has some pretty good deals. I got my MB Quarts from them.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:28 PM
5th Gear

You know what though, I'm gonna recommend JL XR's. I'd get them... I don't know a single person that has been dissapointed in them -- they are amazing.
Contact Christie ... at, well... go to www.indoaudio.com and shoot them an email. Or call and ask for her, I just bought a set of speakers from her today -- Some XR's for my buddy... a wedding present. Got them for 195 bucks, for the 6.5" components. Awesome speakers for a good price. 949 296 0053, call and ask for Christie. You can mention Chris Wright in Canada... like I said I just bought a set of speakers from her TODAY. She's really nice, easy to deal with.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Site Moderator

You should try and listen to MB quarts before you buy them... Their highs can indeed fairly harsh.
It's all about the preference of the listener. I considered MB Quarts cuz they do sound good, but ended up with Infinity in the end.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: kraylon

i llike to the of mb quarts high ends never really heard the low end quarts but i heard that they are great i like the sound of a good inifinity speaker but they are a little pricey but i have installed polk momos in my car beacuse they sounded alot like the inifinity speakers but where cheaper and also polk is a german company and so is audi so i that that the 2 would go good together
Oooo.....I forgot about Polks. I had a set of them as well and they were quite good.
I would say in order of absolute sound quality, taking into account harshness of the highs and bang for the buck, here's how they stacked up for me:

Infinity
Polk / Boston Acoustic - tie
MB Quart

Keep in mind, that I love all of them and the chances of you not being happy with either choice is quite slim.
They kick the crap out of most other aftermarket brands and they make the OEM speakers sound like the 4watt sets that come on a crappy computer monitor.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:00 PM
3rd Gear

for a good quality low price the infinity kappas are rather nice, put them in my girls car and i was rather impressed with the sound qualty, also I ran a set of DEI's that i got a demo of when i had the comp car, they also were rather good considering the price.. Focals cost alot but you get what you pay for with that said if your going to get MB's you have to spend the money their low end stuff is junk in my opinion

Old 06-20-2006, 09:12 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

for a good quality low price the infinity kappas are rather nice, put them in my girls car and i was rather impressed with the sound qualty, also I ran a set of DEI's that i got a demo of when i had the comp car, they also were rather good considering the price.. Focals cost alot but you get what you pay for with that said if your going to get MB's you have to spend the money their low end stuff is junk in my opinion
[sm=exactly.gif][sm=youreright.gif]

Old 06-20-2006, 09:37 PM
1st Gear

IMHO The boston acoustics z6s need a bit of eqing to make them shine same thing with the Pros. Only polk comp set ive ever like is the SR6500s and i loved the sound of those especially since they use the same tweet im using now. Midrange is war and that tweet is incredible. Ive owned and installed mbquarts and like everyone said without some eqing the tweets can be a bit harsh. And ive personally never liked anything infinity has put out. You should really look into Rainbow components their mid lines easily compete with the Focal k power series and theyre upper rlines are incredible.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:59 PM

I did a lot of searching on the car before the A3 and really enjoyed the Polk db separates. They weren't too heavy on the highs like the Infinity's and they had a nice rich smooth sound in the car. You'll need a sub with them to get the full spectrum, but that is true with any 6 1/2 - 6 3/4 inch speaker. I ran an Infinity 4 x 111w/ch amp for the Polks and an Alpine 10" with 300w Alpine amp for the sub. It was a nice, very full sounding system.

Another opinion. Sorry if mine stunk this time.

Chef