Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motherf*cking wheels

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:46 AM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force
Default Motherf*cking wheels

So, I went to go put a bit of air in my tires since they looked a little low, and I can't get the goddamn metal valve stem caps off. They are jammed on so tight, that the stem is just spinning, and now it's leaking. Hooray. So, I tried to get my wheel off and all the lug bolts came out but the wheel is not coming off the hub. WTF! Does my car hate me? If it keeps this up she's not getting her next oil change. Any ideas at all? I've tried heating up the cap with a lighter but that didn't work, and I hosed it and my hub with LPS2 penetrating lubricant.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:12 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Motherf*cking wheels

get 2 pairs of plier and try it. u think that's bad, sumthing like that happened to me on my old bicycle

Old 09-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Administrator

When I pulled my front wheels off to paint my calipers, heat and whatever else had stuck them to the hubs. I spent about five minutes on each one, kicking the sh*t out of the tires to break the wheels loose from the hubs. Pound on them like that and you'll get them off. Swearing while you do it helps even more.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:48 PM
5th Gear

spraying wd40 into the wheel bolt holes will help.

Old 09-16-2007, 12:55 PM
4th Gear

yea, just sit on your ***, and kick the **** out of alternating sides of the tires

avoid spraying penetrating fluids on your brakes

Old 09-16-2007, 12:57 PM
5th Gear

no don't spray on the brakes, just into the holes that ur wheel bolts go into

Old 09-16-2007, 01:22 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

I got it off. I did the f*cking insane way! I loosened my lug bolts a turn and went for a spin around the block. **** yeah! Didn't help me with the caps, though. I'm thinking of taking a dremel to them. The two pliers thing didn't work, though, and now it's leaking...

Old 09-16-2007, 01:27 PM
5th Gear

for the stem i think they are glued on. one thing to never do is used the green slime stuff. it'll work but will make the moment of inertia different than ur other wheels. i would take the tire off and glue the stem on. cut off the cap.

Old 09-16-2007, 01:36 PM
CLX
Zombie Defense Force

It's a metal cap.... and the pliers I used only managed to wear off the diamond texture on them. This is horribly frustrating!

Old 09-16-2007, 01:39 PM
5th Gear

o crap. sry man thought u had the plastic ones. i guess the only easy way is get a new stem and cap. chop the old one in half and put the new one on.

Quick Reply: Motherf*cking wheels