Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:06 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Mustang??

i rocked mustang gt's in my wrx all day long, lol... but it was pretty well modded so yaaaa, but a 1.8 would get eaten all day long by those things. a completely modded out k03 might tie in the quarter mile from a dead stop... im talkin chip, full exhaust, fmic, intake, dv, everything...

Old 05-09-2007, 11:45 AM

I kill a the newest Mustang GT on track. Mustang is FAST on straight road only. But I beat it back in turn w/ quattro. During turns Mustang is about 5 car spaces behind me, and on straight road, Mustang would catch up with me and couldn't pass me yet. I noticed Mustang need to brake earlier than most car before turns. I believe because Mustang is heavy and inbalance.

2.OT Quattro Manual
APR flash, Ecodetuning testpipe, DVFSI spacer
RS4 Rear Sway Bar, AWE boost gauge, ECS snub mount
Milltek Exhaust

Old 05-09-2007, 01:37 PM
2nd Gear

Nice i wish i could punish mustangs like that, kinda wish i didnt get the 3.0

Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 PM
1st Gear

I'd have to say.......if I tried to race a mustang with my A4 AWD and Turbo 1.8 Liter engine with 180 HP stock. I would probably loose unless it was an older mustang. However, IMO mustangs are NOT good looking. The new one looks a little more classy than the older models but to me it looks way too big for a sports car. Maybe the mustangs and A4s are the same size.......I have no idea.....but the mustang to me looks bigger and fatter and nothing like what I invision a sports car to look like. Even if a mustang whooped my audi's *** it still doesn't change the fact that I'm driving an audi and he/she is driving a mustang. Let's face it ford and audi are not even on the same page in terms of respect and class. If I say I'm driving an audi everyone thinks gosh she's rich but if I say I'm driving a mustang they're like oh that's cool. I mean in the end I wouldn't be embarassed if a mustang beat me in a race cause like I said.........it's still just a FORD mustang.

Sorry if any of you love 'stangs but I cannot stand 'em they may have a lot of power but IMO they're ugly.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:45 PM
2nd Gear

When Audi was working on my car one day they were giving me a rental but were all out of Audis so they hooked me up with an 05 mustang from a rental company. It looked nice, but it was HUGE!!! The inside was poorly designed, it was unconfortable, it felt clumsy and had A LOT of body roll in a turn. I did not like it at all. It is a nice looking car till you get inside and they your like WTF!!! The console and everything is huge but mostly empty. The car is the poster child for wasted dash and console space. Id take my A4 over a new mustang anyday, even if it was a Roush or a Saleen. Everything about that car feels underthought.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:48 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: NuYorka103185

When Audi was working on my car one day they were giving me a rental but were all out of Audis so they hooked me up with an 05 mustang from a rental company. It looked nice, but it was HUGE!!! The inside was poorly designed, it was unconfortable, it felt clumsy and had A LOT of body roll in a turn. I did not like it at all. It is a nice looking car till you get inside and they your like WTF!!! The console and everything is huge but mostly empty. The car is the poster child for wasted dash and console space. Id take my A4 over a new mustang anyday, even if it was a Roush or a Saleen. Everything about that car feels underthought.
......EXACTLY.......LOL

Old 05-09-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Sarah7106

I'd have to say.......if I tried to race a mustang with my A4 AWD and Turbo 1.8 Liter engine with 180 HP stock. I would probably loose unless it was an older mustang. However, IMO mustangs are NOT good looking. The new one looks a little more classy than the older models but to me it looks way too big for a sports car. Maybe the mustangs and A4s are the same size.......I have no idea.....but the mustang to me looks bigger and fatter and nothing like what I invision a sports car to look like. Even if a mustang whooped my audi's *** it still doesn't change the fact that I'm driving an audi and he/she is driving a mustang. Let's face it ford and audi are not even on the same page in terms of respect and class. If I say I'm driving an audi everyone thinks gosh she's rich but if I say I'm driving a mustang they're like oh that's cool. I mean in the end I wouldn't be embarassed if a mustang beat me in a race cause like I said.........it's still just a FORD mustang.

Sorry if any of you love 'stangs but I cannot stand 'em they may have a lot of power but IMO they're ugly.
i totally agree with you, stangs look like the ugly kid no one hangs out with on the play ground. but you are REALLY hung up on what cars look like...... just cuz its ugly doesn't mean its not gonna kick the crap out of a 1.8 in a race.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:14 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

i totally agree with you, stangs look like the ugly kid no one hangs out with on the play ground. but you are REALLY hung up on what cars look like...... just cuz its ugly doesn't mean its not gonna kick the crap out of a 1.8 in a race.
And you are really hung up on performance. I could care less if a Ford beats my Audi in a race. Like I said it doesn't change the fact that I drive an Audi and they drive a Ford. Sorry but I find European luxury cars to be at least a notch above regular old domestic vehicles especially on interior design. Some ppl like things that look good and some ppl like things that go fast. Me I'm no racer so looks are what I go for. I like having huge amounts of HP and I'd gladly pay to have it but it's not like I go to the track all the time or anything and I'd probably never use the HP for anything. I believe I also gave props to the mustang and said that "yes it would more than likely whoop my butt". Guess you missed it though.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: nickellis14

And you are really hung up on performance. I could care less if a Ford beats my Audi in a race. Like I said it doesn't change the fact that I drive an Audi and they drive a Ford. Sorry but I find European luxury cars to be at least a notch above regular old domestic vehicles especially on interior design. Some ppl like things that look good and some ppl like things that go fast. Me I'm no racer so looks are what I go for. I like having huge amounts of HP and I'd gladly pay to have it but it's not like I go to the track all the time or anything and I'd probably never use the HP for anything. I believe I also gave props to the mustang and said that "yes it would more than likely whoop my butt". Guess you missed it though.
you will get no argument from me. same reason I don't own a WRX. I like leather seats, climate control and a stereo with more than 4 speakers. I'm not about to spend 30g's on a car with no leather and a stereo with 4 $hitty speakers. preaching to the coir. but i think this was a performance question. thats all.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
1st Gear

nickellis14:

you will get no argument from me. same reason I don't own a WRX. I like leather seats, climate control and a stereo with more than 4 speakers. I'm not about to spend 30g's on a car with no leather and a stereo with 4 $hitty speakers. preaching to the coir. but i think this was a performance question. thats all.
Oh I see...........well I know what ya mean. I'll end it at that. I was just making a point that even if the thread starter does loose.........don't feel bad about it ya know cause he still has a better car over all.

Quick Reply: Mustang??