Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY RACE VS A CADILLAC CTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 03:24 AM
1st Gear
Default MY RACE VS A CADILLAC CTS

I'll start from the beginning:

I pulled up to a light (right lane of two left turn lanes), next to a white CTS (looked pretty new, maybe late 90's). I was about 2 feet ahead, and he slowly pulled even. So I was like..okay..you wanna race? You got it. So we turned left around the corner, with me on the outside. As we came out of the turn we both sped up and I pulled on him a little, but not much. He eventually got behind me as we went thru like 3 green lights. As I approached a green light, I bellied out a little to the left, and took the corner hard, accelerating out of it. He did the same (was 2 car lengths behind at the start of the turn, and about 3 1/2 after the end of the turn). I had to show why Quattro rules.

We pull up to the next red light, this time with me on the left. We both went straight, launched at the same time, and were DEAD AND I MEAN DEAD even up to about 85 mph. I eventually had to slow down b/c there was a car in front, so I got over behind him, and what did he do? Start braking fairly hard. A$$hole. From then on we both just cruised cuz it was part of the town where cops are notorious for camping out.

Anyway that's the Northstar 4.2 V8 w/ 320 hp right? He had a couple people with him from what I could tell thru both cars tinted windows. And I had my primax 16' wheels on my Michelin Alpin PA2 wintertires, rather than my heavy 18' RS4 wheels, so that made a little difference, but not bad for a comparison w/ a v8 huh?

Old 01-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Administrator
Default RE: MY RACE VS A CADILLAC CTS

no the older CTS came with a 3.2 V6 220hp/220tq

i beat the V8 one on the freeway

Old 01-18-2006, 03:29 AM
2nd Gear

Fun times.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:37 AM
Tech Slut

alright, a few corrections, i think. the cts wasnt around in the late nineties, if it wasn't a cts-v, which i promise it wasn't or he would have smoked you(corvette ls6 motor), then it could have had one of two different 6 CYLINDER motors, one having around 210 hp and the other with like 255, those numbers are for the 2005, so the numbers could vary a little depending on year, maybe. not trying to belittle you, just telling you what i know. still somewhat impressive especially if it was the 255.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

alright, a few corrections, i think. the cts wasnt around in the late nineties, if it wasn't a cts-v, which i promise it wasn't or he would have smoked you(corvette ls6 motor), then it could have had one of two different 6 CYLINDER motors, one having around 210 hp and the other with like 255, those numbers are for the 2005, so the numbers could vary a little depending on year, maybe. not trying to belittle you, just telling you what i know. still somewhat impressive especially if it was the 255.

Oh I know you're just putting stats out there..I was just told by a friend that the CTS's are a 4.2 V8..the 255 hp V6 makes more sense. I couldn't really tell on the year..if I spent the time and saw the different body styles for the CTS I could easily tell what generation it was. Anyway, still not bad. I had to share being this was the only real race besides the 2 riced out CRX's I've torn up since I got the car.

Old 01-18-2006, 03:54 AM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: seahawkfan94

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

Oh I know you're just putting stats out there..I was just told by a friend that the CTS's are a 4.2 V8..the 255 hp V6 makes more sense. I couldn't really tell on the year..if I spent the time and saw the different body styles for the CTS I could easily tell what generation it was. Anyway, still not bad. I had to share being this was the only real race besides the 2 riced out CRX's I've torn up since I got the car.
haha... CRX's.. Thats funny... Ive had a few races, one with a stock b6 1.8t, a celica gts 180hp or whatever, a jetta 1.8t and a golf 1.8t. Beat em all. Oh and a chick in a 225hpTT on Sunday, I couldnt keep up with her too well but it was fun while it lasted.

Old 01-18-2006, 04:53 AM
1st Gear

okay..a buddy helped me look up the bodystyles, and apparently it was an STS- mid 90's. I guess they're a LT1 v8 275 hp, or a northstar 4.9L v8. So..looking up the CTS I know it wasn't that new..it was the mid 90's bodystyle, and that's the available engines..so it appears I did beat a v8..hmm.

Old 01-18-2006, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

ya i was in my b5 racing some old guy on a back road we were next to each other 130 but his cts smoked my ***...

Old 01-18-2006, 02:37 PM
2nd Gear

at 130? The 2.8 30v only does like 135 top speed doesnt it? I may be wrong, but that could be a good reason he smoked you....

Old 01-18-2006, 02:43 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

at 130? The 2.8 30v only does like 135 top speed doesnt it? I may be wrong, but that could be a good reason he smoked you....
only 135 huh? Yeah thats slow... i usually get up to 150 before i realize how fast im going....???? Anyone that goes that fast on a road thats not a track is an idot with a death wish.

Quick Reply: MY RACE VS A CADILLAC CTS