Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MY RACE VS A CADILLAC CTS

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Slut
Default RE: MY RACE VS A CADILLAC CTS

Engine: V8 4.6L Northstar
Drivetrain: FWD
Transmission: Automatic

not bad...weird they are front by.

Old 01-18-2006, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

ORIGINAL: seahawkfan94

ORIGINAL: FasterA4ThanUrs

alright, a few corrections, i think. the cts wasnt around in the late nineties, if it wasn't a cts-v, which i promise it wasn't or he would have smoked you(corvette ls6 motor), then it could have had one of two different 6 CYLINDER motors, one having around 210 hp and the other with like 255, those numbers are for the 2005, so the numbers could vary a little depending on year, maybe. not trying to belittle you, just telling you what i know. still somewhat impressive especially if it was the 255.

Oh I know you're just putting stats out there..I was just told by a friend that the CTS's are a 4.2 V8..the 255 hp V6 makes more sense. I couldn't really tell on the year..if I spent the time and saw the different body styles for the CTS I could easily tell what generation it was. Anyway, still not bad. I had to share being this was the only real race besides the 2 riced out CRX's I've torn up since I got the car.
haha... CRX's.. Thats funny... Ive had a few races, one with a stock b6 1.8t, a celica gts 180hp or whatever, a jetta 1.8t and a golf 1.8t. Beat em all. Oh and a chick in a 225hpTT on Sunday, I couldnt keep up with her too well but it was fun while it lasted.
I get owned so bad in races...doesn't matter what kind of car [&:]..i'm all stock though ('99 a4 1.8t). So according to your banner.. if I get the giac chip and 710n dv i'll be able to finally smoke some people??

Old 01-18-2006, 09:34 PM
1st Gear

The one race I couldnt keep with was my 2.8L 30V A4 vs. a 2.7T A6. My vehicle is stock, as Im sure the A6 maybe is. But that dude just flew on straight aways and held the turns pretty darn tight at high speeds.

I raced my friends 5.7 GTO, he can accelerate, but i can keep up, but the moment we maneuvered into turns, Im gone and he's behind me (until the next straight away). Too big an engine for that car.

I wish I could race more, but not many are up for it.

Old 01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: quattrosedan

at 130? The 2.8 30v only does like 135 top speed doesnt it? I may be wrong, but that could be a good reason he smoked you....
ya im pretty sure he was just staying with me because he wanted to, and at start off he smoked me

Old 01-18-2006, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

at 130? The 2.8 30v only does like 135 top speed doesnt it? I may be wrong, but that could be a good reason he smoked you....
only 135 huh? Yeah thats slow... i usually get up to 150 before i realize how fast im going....???? Anyone that goes that fast on a road thats not a track is an idot with a death wish.
sorry i dont have a chip like you i dont have a steady cash flow im a poor college student...

EDIT:sorry just realized i doubled posted forgot...

Old 01-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: Talis

only 135 huh? Yeah thats slow... i usually get up to 150 before i realize how fast im going....???? Anyone that goes that fast on a road thats not a track is an idot with a death wish.
sorry i dont have a chip like you i dont have a steady cash flow im a poor college student...

EDIT:sorry just realized i doubled posted forgot...
i was joking about 135 being slow. I thought I was laying the sarcasim on pretty thick....???? I dont care about your finances.

Old 01-18-2006, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

You can keep up with 350HP GTO (or 400Hp is 2005)??? I don’t think so!!! and as for handling the will produce the same cornering G as stock A4...Either way you were day dreaming or your friend doesn’t know how to drive his new GTO
Sebastian

ORIGINAL: Kobe Diesel

The one race I couldnt keep with was my 2.8L 30V A4 vs. a 2.7T A6. My vehicle is stock, as Im sure the A6 maybe is. But that dude just flew on straight aways and held the turns pretty darn tight at high speeds.

I raced my friends 5.7 GTO, he can accelerate, but i can keep up, but the moment we maneuvered into turns, Im gone and he's behind me (until the next straight away). Too big an engine for that car.

I wish I could race more, but not many are up for it.

Old 01-19-2006, 01:54 AM
2nd Gear

but guys NOT EVERYONE COULD SHIFT RITE AND WE ALL KNOW IT MAKES A HUGE DIFFRENCE

Old 01-19-2006, 02:06 AM
2nd Gear

well i forgot to tell u guys, but i got my *** beaten by a nissan frontier. it had a nismo decal so im guessing it was nismo tuned but damn was that thing fast. and btw, my car was loaded full of ppl but that fuvker still was fast as $hit

Old 01-19-2006, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

Knowing how to drive is part of the game. You can have all the HP and handling you want.
So if I was able to keep up with the GTO - and Im not dreaming - it's b/c I can give it a go. It's not my fault the person I may be up against cannot drive his/her machine.

Quick Reply: MY RACE VS A CADILLAC CTS