Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Testpipe Results..

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear
Default My Testpipe Results..

Sorry no numbers or anything, but I figured I would let everyone know how I feel out my ebay 2.5" pipe.

First off this is the pipe I went with:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-B...spagenameZWDVW

The people that run this company are awesome! great customer serv. I called them to ask if they could do 2 day shipping after having bought the item with free shipping and they were willing to ship it out before I even made the paypal payment for the 2 day shipping.

The pipe itself came with an awesome shine finish, the welds are perfect and it fits like a charm. Has all the nutts and bolts you need and both gaskets. After installing it I took the car for a quick run around the block, I was very very very pleased with the sound. You can see my upgrades below and I have no exhaust poping, or rattle or anything, just that deep borla rumble but now its a bit louder. My first run out I wasn't all that impressed by the performance, I mean def worth the $130 but I thought it would be a bit more with my mods, and the smell of the gaskets getting heated for the first time stunk to high hell.. but then later on tonight after it cooled down from 98 to about 85 I jumped off the line at a light just to see how it would move and WOW! I can def feel a nice power gain and maybe even lost some turbo lag. I only got the test pipe now because my cat broke and I couldn't be happier that it did. I can't say a single negative thing about adding this pipe to my list of mods.

If you are thinking about getting a test pipe I def say go for it and I hope this helps!

I guess all i got left is water/meth injection [&o]

Old 07-11-2007, 09:57 AM
4th Gear
Default RE: My Testpipe Results..

So there was no problems getting that in there? Deff. post a review in a month to see how well it holds up.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:18 AM

If its possible can you do a sound clip, im wanting to run borla with a tp. also do you have to pass emmissions where you live? use an O2 spacer or anything to get passed the cel?

barrett

Old 07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
1st Gear

I'll see what I can do about the sound clip.. If you already have a borla just take the way your car sounds now imagine it louder. I'm also running k04 w/programing tho so I don't know what that does to the amount of exhaust flow and sound.

and I'm in NJ so I have to go back to inspection in 2 years (just had it done and chances are i'll have a new car by then) but I just stacked 2 short nonfoulers w/ one drilled out and I haven't thrown a CEL. I mean I've only gone 20 miles but looks good so far. I'm driving up to brooklyn this weekend so we'll see if it makes the trip like that.

Old 07-11-2007, 11:44 AM
1st Gear

O and as for the install, I mean it wasn't a walk in the park by any means.. Its simple as far as knowing what needs to be done, its just kinda hard doing it. The bolts are not very easy to get to and some you can only turn a quarter of an inch a time. But its doable

Old 07-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Site Moderator

Congrats... You didnt mention much about the sound. I know the k04 is pretty loud by itself, but when I put my test pipe on (k03) it made the turbo wayyyyy more audible. Whistle whistle.

Old 07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
1st Gear

Thanks bro! well I did the DIY fender holes "to allow cold air". The plus side about those little holes is it makes the turbo scream and the DV just sounds like a normal BOV. So I'll try to listen more next time but if you like the turbo sound do the holes

Old 07-11-2007, 12:29 PM
2nd Gear

i might just have to try it out. yeah please let us know how it holds up

Old 07-11-2007, 12:55 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Ericp501

Sorry no numbers or anything, but I figured I would let everyone know how I feel out my ebay 2.5" pipe.

First off this is the pipe I went with:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-B...spagenameZWDVW

The people that run this company are awesome! great customer serv. I called them to ask if they could do 2 day shipping after having bought the item with free shipping and they were willing to ship it out before I even made the paypal payment for the 2 day shipping.
I was a little nervous about buying products off eBay, but I ordered this a month back and the part and people are awesome. I recomend to anyone looking for a quality testpipe. They will provide support (what they can over the phone/email) and are more than willing to help in any way they can.

+1

Old 07-11-2007, 01:22 PM
3rd Gear

do you have a FMIC?

Quick Reply: My Testpipe Results..