Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N75 valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:54 PM
3rd Gear
Default N75 valve

put the n75 h vavle in my car last night from ECS tuning man what a difference i have a ko4 with the giac chip thats pre-pc16, car Stumbled a bit b4 the boost didnt really come on all that fast, now it spools up alot sooner and faster smoothed things out a whole lot and now im getting spikes of 23psi and it holds about 17psi untill redline big difference, was a bitch and boy do i hate those audi factory hose clamps would have been done in about a half an hour but those dam clamps... oh well going to do the airbox mod at the top of the page this weekend..

Old 06-02-2006, 02:57 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: N75 valve

Nice, I bet you are enjoying the new-found power.

What kind of boost gauge do you have? I need to get one.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:09 PM
3rd Gear

I got mine for free so its not the best out there, i just have an auto-meter but a fed bulb in it so its a white face with a red back light looks good have mine in the a-pillor its an easy install only takes a hour..

Old 06-02-2006, 03:12 PM
2nd Gear

Read that whole airbox mod through. You may loose some low end torque as experienced by onepoint8tee. Get another airbox in case you don't like it.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:18 PM
3rd Gear

thanks for the heads up, why would it Cause you to loos low end torque... did he have a dyno done.. ill have to read through the whole post a little more Thorough...

Old 06-02-2006, 03:27 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

thanks for the heads up, why would it Cause you to loos low end torque... did he have a dyno done.. ill have to read through the whole post a little more Thorough...
Just the way it is. But the throtle response is better, so it sorta evens it out. I noticed a decrease in the DBW lag. I still think its worth it. Its just that before, having GIAC and FWD, its REAL tourqey down low, up to 3krpm or so.... So my tires would break lose a lot from a stop. The air box mod took just a slight amount of tq away on take offs to prevent the wheels from breaking lose on launches and stuff. The better throtle response and sound make it all worth it to me. I may go back to stock box one day, but im not in a hurry.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:28 PM
2nd Gear

Yeah get a cup of coffe... full 9 pages. Well I think having so many holes causes there to be some turbulance. The air is coming in from different directions and can go out different directions. Whereas with the stock setup the air comes in that tube and is forced through the air filter. I think it has to do with the air not being foreced as much, so it has to suck the air in. It would be interesting to see a dyno chart but people who have put CAIs have found the same thing - loss of low end torque.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:30 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear you are happy with it, still waiting on beermod to come out with his snowsheild before I attempt this.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Site Moderator

Also, the N75 smoothed did everything for me that it did for you, except i noticed lower spiking #'s. I spike at 21 or so and hold 18-20psi. But then you have different turbo/software. Before i got the N75h i was spiking at 23 or so, and held 16-18psi. Big difference.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:39 PM
3rd Gear

I think I will still do it,atleast check it out, i have another box so its not that big of a deal if i dont like it, but thanks for the heads up.. my tires wont spin anyway awd... bit change I use to love doing burnouts, still do, but just cant do one with the audi well i have yet to try but i dont wont to break anything..

north5995 that makes Sense... I was going to something similar actually im still thinking about doing it, my best friends works at a metal shop doing fabrication and he is as we speak making me a custom intake manifold... im going to go with a bigger side mount intercoolor and to get more cold air i was going to add fender vents and create a duct work that would hit the side mount, we were also going to do the same to the other side and construct a new air box that uses the vent on that side.. nothing ugly looking ot tunnerific something simple i dont want my car looking like those civics with useless fendor vents... we have yet to decide how to go about the whole thing.. but this is really all being done because i have another motor that im biulding from the ground up..

Quick Reply: N75 valve