Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

N75 valve

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 03:49 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: N75 valve

Id get a FMIC if i were you.. A bigger SMIC isnt gunna do much for ya cuz its still not getting good outside air flow to it. If anything it might hurt your performance. Go for an ebay fmic.. people have had success with it and it isnt big enough that your gunna see a pressure drop and lose performance from what i gather. Slowb5 can tell you all about it... i think its him who has it... Its hard for me to remember what mods go with who sometimes. Deffinately go with a fmic with the k04.. throw that smic to the side.... haha get it..

Old 06-02-2006, 03:51 PM
2nd Gear

Keep me posted on how that all works out.

I was going to get a new intake manifold and get it polished and ported, but after much reading it looks like it would A) Break and B) possibly cause too much turbulance inside the manifold actually reducing my air flow. As well, the intake mani is already port matched, so really it is quite efficient.

The duct work for the side mount intercooler is pretty straightforward, I don't know how it could be more efficient. Maybe if you opened the duct up a bit and made it larger (we are talking about the one in the driver side bumper correct? Beside the fog light?). I was looking at how to increase my airflow from the front of the car into the stock airbox and there isn't much room which is the problem. Also, there isn't anyplace to really take the air from unless you go towards the bottom of the car for a CAI. Then you'll be picking up dust/dirt/water, etc if you route it into the bumper by the foglight.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:55 PM
Site Moderator

Make sure you get a good exhaust with that k04 if you havent... But do both for sure.

Old 06-02-2006, 03:59 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: onepoint8tee

Id get a FMIC if i were you.. A bigger SMIC isnt gunna do much for ya cuz its still not getting good outside air flow to it. If anything it might hurt your performance. Go for an ebay fmic.. people have had success with it and it isnt big enough that your gunna see a pressure drop and lose performance from what i gather. Slowb5 can tell you all about it... i think its him who has it... Its hard for me to remember what mods go with who sometimes. Deffinately go with a fmic with the k04.. throw that smic to the side.... haha get it..
I totally agree... go FMIC

Old 06-02-2006, 04:08 PM
3rd Gear

i was going to go with the larger side mount, i looked on ebay they just seam to cheep to be any good, who has used one one here? it they work ill order one right now..lol dose anyone know who is running one from ebay and which one they bought. (FMIC) as for my exhaust its fully custom ) i have acess to alot of tools and my best friend happens to be a rather large tool ) its all 2.5 in we did a custom job, made a test pipe that was connected to the downpipe so its all one unit and then just tac weilded all the tubes in place took it down and weilded everything up.. I used a moroso mid muffler and a magnaflow muffler out the back sounds really sweet and only cost me 350 in parts with the custom test pipe..

Old 06-02-2006, 04:44 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: JohnnyBravoA4

i was going to go with the larger side mount, i looked on ebay they just seam to cheep to be any good, who has used one one here? it they work ill order one right now..lol dose anyone know who is running one from ebay and which one they bought. (FMIC) as for my exhaust its fully custom ) i have acess to alot of tools and my best friend happens to be a rather large tool ) its all 2.5 in we did a custom job, made a test pipe that was connected to the downpipe so its all one unit and then just tac weilded all the tubes in place took it down and weilded everything up.. I used a moroso mid muffler and a magnaflow muffler out the back sounds really sweet and only cost me 350 in parts with the custom test pipe..
Can you get a sound clip of your exhuast?

Old 06-02-2006, 04:46 PM
2nd Gear

Freig... you want to start selling those things?

I'd sign up for one.