Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need good Audi mechanic in Toronto area.

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 03:25 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Need good Audi mechanic in Toronto area.

yea the turbo is still spooling well.
And the car seems pretty quick on a cool day..
So it might still be ok

Old 06-17-2005, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Need good Audi mechanic in Toronto area.

thanks guys... i'll definately have to look up this thread for other times

cheers

Old 09-07-2009, 06:46 AM

Hi
So i dont know if this forum is dead or something...
i bought an a4 98(184kms) on a student budget(stretched the budget little) but i love audis!!!
Anyhow, since its like my first car, i made the silly mistakes of getting xenon lights, installed by a mickey mouse eletrician...he said i didnt need the relay(some temporary power source, so the light doesnt connect directly to the cars power source, since the bulbs had a different power usage than the stock. Anyhow, as soon i got thoes, the burned out bulb light appeared on the digital display. i noticed that after i started driving, one of the bulbs would go off by itself(alternated between the two bulbs, so the bulbs arent busted, its the power to them)....
that lasted for 800 kms or something, then last week, i parked the car and it wudnt switch on again...i waited abt 30 mins coz i was over the phone...i tried afterwards and it switched on...went home, next morning i started again, went to the gas station and then it wudnt turn again. Called a mechanic and he said that its the problem with the transmission stick not hitting the parking well and the car thinks its not in P. he pushed it in and it started...anyhow, took the car to this mechanic who doesnt know what hes doing....
So any Good yet economical mechanic in Toronto...i dont think the problem is big coz once the car starts, it runs fine...the problem is with starting..again i have a student budget so nothing too expensive, but i want decent service!!

Old 11-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Banned

I have a 2001 Audi A4 and the alternator is shot. Should I take it to the dealer, or can any good/reputable mechanic take care of this issue? Is the alternator for the audi common knowledge as it would be for a Nissan/Honda? I know there are some things that one must go to the dealer for....

Old 11-22-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by limousine
I have a 2001 Audi A4 and the alternator is shot. Should I take it to the dealer, or can any good/reputable mechanic take care of this issue? Is the alternator for the audi common knowledge as it would be for a Nissan/Honda? I know there are some things that one must go to the dealer for....

Easy fix:

Pull the alternator, get it rebuilt, put it back in...voila!

But to answer your question yes it doesn't have to go to the dealer go to an independant audi place ie. Independant tuning (Scar), Precision tuning (N.York), euroline tuning (Miss), h2sport (Gtown), .....