Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help convincing Father

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:46 AM
1st Gear
Default Need Help convincing Father

Alright as i have stated in my other posts my dad is in the car biz and hates that i want to do things to my car. He is telling me that if i put on a new suspension like shocks and springs that it will mess up the quattro. I tried convincing him that it wont but he wont have it. i need people to tell me so that i can show him it wont. I own the car but he has a certified guy that would do the work for a discount. so i need my dad to believe that changing the suspension wont mess up the quattro. another thing is that he doesn't want me to get new wheels. i can get him to go along with the wheels but not the suspenion without peoples help.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:06 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Need Help convincing Father

Changing the suspension with a sport or lowering spring will not damage the quattro or any other parts on the vehicle if done correctly. Changing the angles of the cv shafts will not damage the center differential which is how the quattro system diverts power to the wheels in the event of wheel spin. Changing the angles of the cv shafts more than 2.5 inches in either direction can however cause a decrease in hp and added cv joint wear (but a 2 inch lowerrace spring in sport a4only lowers 1 inch and any 2 inch or less lowering spring will not cause increased wear or hp loss in any a4). Lowering the car can cause increased tire wear on the inside corners of the tire due to the negative camber angle but can be fixed with caster camber plates, adjustable control arms or camber kits. If you are lowering the car properly, using quality parts and not lowering it too much it will not hurt the car at all. Keep in mind the sport model a4 has a 1 inch lower spring than the standard a4 already so to put on a 1 inch lower spring will be more like taking out the lift kit. A center differential is damaged but too much torque or too much wheel spin.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:10 AM
Site Moderator

Hey cstarky15's dad, this is onepoint8tee,
Listen up, and listen good. How the hell do you expect your son get laid, let alone have any friends without a finely tuned vehicle?! WTF is wrong with you old *** people now adays?? WTF is your problem if your son has a little fun doing something that is safe to his car if he gets self enjoyment out of it?! ISNT THAT WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT OLD HEAD?!!? Satisfaction?!!? Are you jealous because you were too busy hugging trees, smoking the pot and eating acid at Woodstock to remember what it was like to have a good time, doing the things that you enjoy, the things that bring enjoyment to you?!?! I know retirement is creeping up and its crunch time to pinch pennies and to take careful consideration inthe choices you make in life, but why take it out on your son??? Whats a 2" drop going to do to the quattro system Grandpa?!? NOTHING and you would know this if you would just use the SEARCH. Im sick of noobs like your son who have to prove themselves to their parents or convince them about mods and how they are or are not safe for their car. Bottom line is, if you dont let your son follow through with his modifications, he's probably going to hate you for the rest of your life. When you are in a retirement home sipping pre chewed New York Strip steak through a straw, your son will be out pimping his modified ride and picking up hizies on the strizzle nizzle! So ask yourself, ist that what life is really all about??? Dont you wish you could go back and do morethings that brought happiness into your life? Cut your son a frigginbreak and let him do what he wants, its his car, his money, if any mistakes are made he will learn from them and become a smarter person,and as a parent it is your obligation to allow such things to happen. Your son has done the research like a responsible human being. If he bottoms out, kills his quattro, or anything else that is highly unlikely to happen, he will be the first to own up to it and take responsibilty.. Now is the time to let go, dad. Let your son spread his moding wings and fly.

Too harsh?

Old 01-25-2007, 01:13 AM
4th Gear

hahahahahaa

Old 01-25-2007, 01:20 AM
2nd Gear

Come on one8 that was a little unneeded don't you think? A simple no it won't hurt the quattro would do. Or better yet (quote me on this on) "You sons car will actually be safer with increase handling capabilities to insure he has a better chance getting laid (after marriage of course) and being there to take excellent care of you when you are in need of family and are about to pass away."

Old 01-25-2007, 01:22 AM
Site Moderator

Oh yea.. Whats fucked up is, that was me trying to be really really nice... It just didnt come out the right way.. I guess I used a one or two wrong words... [&o]

Old 01-25-2007, 01:23 AM
1st Gear

You can never be too harsh. People dismiss you if you sugar coat things anyways.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:54 AM

Wow, onepoint8tee, what a post! Don't you think you came across a bit too hard on his dad? Cstarky, show your dad tractioncontrol's post. He does have lots of good points about wheels & suspension setup. For the wheels, I'd check with a local tire place to see what size wheels/tires you can put on your car. If you go with too big a wheel/tire setup, then your speedo and odometer will be off. Make sure that your new wheel/tire circumference is similar to your old one. Seeing that you're up in the mini-soda area, you can get rims/tires that you like for the summer, and keep your original rims. Slap some winter tires on your old set, and enjoy the quattro!

Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 AM
5th Gear

lol first that was ****** awesome man... and no i dont think that was harsh at all it was the truth in a humorous and straight forward way

Old 01-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Site Moderator

Dude i dont even know his dad... Hes like a number to me... in inanimate object.. meaningless.. nothing... why would i care about coming off harsh? this is the internet... there are never hard feelings.... i would never expect someone to take anything anyone says on the INTERNET to heart or personally.The internet is a place for nobodys to be somebody's and somebody's to be nobody's. Im sure if someone physicallytook all the members of www.audiforums.com and threw them into a giant room and labled it "Audi Forums" things would be a lot different. Dont you get it? The internet is an alternate world where people can say whatever the **** they want, be whoever the **** they want, and act how ever the **** they want to acertain extent(rules and restrictions apply)... If I start making fun of badluckaudi over the internetbecause he drives a truck and sold his audi do you think hes going to start crying or it is really going to affect the outcome of his day? No, not at all... At least it shouldnt. If I did it in person? maybe a little. Know what I mean? The internet should be the place Al Gore intended it to bewhere you can exercise the fizifth without having to worry about some **** commy psyco hose beast getting all worked up and start to complain or whine about it... Why do people always make me type so much?!

Back on topic ... ya quattro is king.. ride height has no affect on its components.

Quick Reply: Need Help convincing Father