Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help from the Audi Gods....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 12:08 AM
1st Gear
Default Need some help from the Audi Gods....

Just got a '03 1.8T MT w/ 114km's.... I LOVE this car, and I've already spent countless hours reading up in the forum. I originally have some questions about the 'check systems' button and after searching the site I'm now freaking out because of the oil pressure and coolant problems ppl seem to be having. Here's the deal...

Bought the car from an auction, fr VW Canada, off a lease... when I picked up the car it had very low coolant, way down near the bottom hose, (this is before I logged in here, so please be kind on this next issue) so.... I figure I'll add some anit freeze (GREEN, now I shudder just thinking about what I might have done) Its down again after about 1000km's (whent to Lake Placid (fr Ottawa) {climbed White face} than drove to Mtl for a night of club'n). Also, when I hit the 'check' button the oil pressure light is red, and the coolant light is red, however not showing up on the screen when the car is running. I don't know what to make of things. Any guidence would really help me out. Thanks in advance. -P

Old 07-31-2006, 12:13 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: I'm hoping this is a silly question!

ps: After going though the check systems the OK comes up so I'm keeping my fingers crossed its a small leak in the coolant system somewhere and not something more serious. I'm heading out right now to check for oil in the coolant res and sludge inside the oil cap... I'll update shortly. -P

Old 07-31-2006, 05:52 AM
2nd Gear

get your car to a mech as soon as possible

green is ment for iron blocks, ours are aluminum, you could corrode your inturnals pretty fast, just go to the stealership, spend the money and pick up a gallon of g12 coolant, for $30 piece of mind is eveything

Old 07-31-2006, 05:53 AM
1st Gear

If it had more options the ok light would blink WTF !!! You not only added green coolant but mixed the viscosity with Pentosin. I'd recommend you flush ASAP.................

Old 07-31-2006, 09:16 AM
4th Gear

Not sure on the B6, but on the B5, the "check" button checks that all the warning lights are working. All the warning lights will cycle then it will go back to OK including the red oil and red coolant

Find out where you are leaking coolant. A common place is the oil cooler hoses. Check the oil cap for "cafe au lait" oil. If so, water is getting in the engine and you have big problems. You now need to flush your system and Green and G12 are not compatable. flush the entire system and replace with 50/50 G12 and distilled water.