Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A New A4

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
2nd Gear
Default A New A4

Well I just wanted you guys to take a look at another audi I'm checking out. I know buying a modded car ccan be very scary. The other thing is he will ship it to oregon too which is scary not even knowing who the seller is but here is a link, what do you think?
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/car/487999353.html

Old 11-28-2007, 11:00 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: A New A4

i would stay away from that one. way too many mods and the price is a bit high for the mileage and year.

Old 11-28-2007, 12:23 PM
4th Gear

Yeah price is definitely high; and I wouldn't advise purchasing a modded car sight-unseen.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:38 PM

looks okay, if you are planning on modding yourself, you may want to jump on it, since you'd be ahead of most of the guys on here and all you would pay for is the car...

if you are close enough to drive it, drive it...check it out yourself or have a shop check it out...I would say that if you were planning on modding anything that the price is fair...

new clutch, wheels, coilovers, GIAC tuned Ko4, full exhaust, sway bars, fmic...umm that's atleast 3.5K worth of mods right off the top...

obviously you will need the car checked out, but if it does, and the guy has receipts for all services and mods...

if everything checks out, offer him 6k cash...

you won't know anything til you drive it and have it inspected...gl!

Old 11-28-2007, 04:56 PM

There are pics of the car at the track. A "new" clutch can be blown with a few really hard slipping launches. The more HP the fewer launches ur getting even with an upgraded clutch. What i do when lookin at a car that has more potential for abuse is pretend to be retarded when lookin at it. Pretend that i think burnouts are cool,clutch drops from red line awesome,chirpin tires between gears gee golly the car can do that? Someone who thinks they have the mad skills by beating their cars within an inch of their life will find it hard not to explain their cars "awesome" abilities. Owned 7 cars and never had one break down or leave me stranded yet and they were all prime candidates for abuse.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:24 PM

I'd make sure to see lots and lots of pictures of everything. That way you are more likley to see any abuse, wear or incorrect things. I'd also ask him who did the mods and if he has a phone number for the guy that did it. If he did it him self I'm not sure what to do about that, except maybe not get it. Price is up there for that many miles and year but if the mods are good then it could be worth it.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:34 PM

Look for a AAA outstanding service awarded shop in the area and have them check it out for compression and boost and codes. I find all the shops they awarded in my area are really good and can be trusted.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:57 PM
2nd Gear

Yea I have been talking to the guy through emails, he had a reputable shop do all mods. He also has a very good reputation ataudiworld. He said he would have a mechanic do a check on everything. The only thing is that i live near portland oregon, about a 2 day nonstop drive to los angeles. The guy seems really legit in his emails, perfect grammer, punctuation and overall literacy shows me that he is not one of those guys that does a half *** job. Besides all of the mods he also got the headgasket replaced at 80k, and then all tune up things like timing belt, pump, etc etc. Depending on the mechanics inspection and recults of services through checking the cars vin, I think I might offer him 6800 shipped at his expense which I got quoted 650.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:03 PM

that is not a 2 day drive non-stop...

1 full day of driving.

but i would personally never buy a modded car without test driving it and take a good look at everything!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:47 AM

ORIGINAL: bob12312357

There are pics of the car at the track. A "new" clutch can be blown with a few really hard slipping launches. The more HP the fewer launches ur getting even with an upgraded clutch. What i do when lookin at a car that has more potential for abuse is pretend to be retarded when lookin at it. Pretend that i think burnouts are cool,clutch drops from red line awesome,chirpin tires between gears gee golly the car can do that? Someone who thinks they have the mad skills by beating their cars within an inch of their life will find it hard not to explain their cars "awesome" abilities. Owned 7 cars and never had one break down or leave me stranded yet and they were all prime candidates for abuse.
I know where those pictures are taken, the mountain in the background in Palos Verdes, so...the pics were taken in Sounth Redondo Beach/North PV...Definately no track in the craigslist photos...

unless he says he's taken it to the track, then you have no proof as of yet...

good luck with the transaction...hope it all checks out and you end up with another amazing vehicle that never lets you down (knock on wood!)