Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New A4 :) Modification Help, Coilover scraping, Respray colour choice, Alloy wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 06:05 PM
1st Gear
Default New A4 :) Modification Help, Coilover scraping, Respray colour choice, Alloy wheels

Hi guys,
Well i sold my b6 a4 that has served me well for a year.
Just upgraded to a B7 2.0 TDI. I have huge plans for it that are already in motion.
Coilovers were installed last week and it is absolutly sittin on the ground. This is where my first question lies, On some speed bumps it scrapes in the centre kind of towards the front just behind the front wheels. I was wondering is this the exhaust centre box or what is it and is it doing any damage apart from scraping the box?
I have the car booked in the get resprayed and an ABT kit for next monday. Getting white with black Roof.
My next question is to do with getting the turbo flutter noise. (I KNOW ITS NOT A GOOD THING BUT I LIKE IT SO NO SMART COMMENTS PLEASE) Can i use a panel filter or will i need an induction kit? And is it hard to remove the centre silencer box? I had a Golf TDI before that when i put in a tuning box the turbo flutter noise was louder.
Anyone have any opinions on wheels? I like the DARE nk1 style alloys or the vmr's. Obviously in 19 or 20".
Sorry for the huge rant, Just have so many questions
cheers guys.