Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New A4 owner with iPod integration questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 03:02 AM
1st Gear
Default New A4 owner with iPod integration questions...

I love my iPod. It's great. Now I need to figure out a way to integrate it into my other beloved material possession - my '98 A4. It has the Bose system, which needs some work - it sounds like CRAP compared to the Bose system in my '99 Mercedes SLK. Anyway, I want to figure out a way to integrate my iPod into my Audi AND retain control of the factory 6 disc changer. I've been reading up on the IceLink v1.1, which I plan on getting, but I want to keep my cd changer plugged in. I've found a Kenwood CD Changer Switch, model KCA-S210A, and I'm wondering if anyone knows it if will work with the factory CD changer and the IceLink. The plugs look the same (based on the small picture), at least they are round like they should be for the CD changer/icelink. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thx guys.
Daniel

Old 07-06-2004, 03:12 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: New A4 owner with iPod integration questions...

I suggest you ask at V W Vortex.

The link is to their audio sub-forum; those guys know a lot about this and other subjects.

You might want to back out of that link to the Audi section and ask there, too.

Old 08-09-2004, 09:22 PM

Let me know if you find out any new information on how to set up my ipod in the audi, I am currently using a Belkin tape deck adaptor and an ipod holder that I got from inventivegadgets.com, I saw it posted on the VW Vortex site. BUT The tape player sounds icky, and it skipps alot, I really would like to get this thing set up so it sounds good. OH but check out the Holder, it works great.
I do not want to use an irock, it dosent seem to work for me either.

Thanks

Old 08-10-2004, 03:15 AM
1st Gear

Someone started a thread about that topic a couple weeks ago. I'll dig around and post a link to it.

Old 08-10-2004, 03:19 AM
1st Gear

Here, I found this on AW through an old post. It's for the B6 A4, but it couldn't be that much different....Check it out!

I'll keep diggin to see what I can come up with as far as the B5 goes.

Old 08-10-2004, 01:34 PM
1st Gear

hey!
i have a 04 a4 and i got an ipod adapter that will work with any car. i think its the best one out there. it basically works with your stereo, and you find an all static station, put the radio and the adapter on that channel, and there you go! i love it and use it all the time. here is the link. http://www.everythingipod.com/TFM.tp...bs/products.db

if that link doesnt work, then go to everythingipod.com and find the DLO TransPod FM.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:43 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiGirlie

hey!
i have a 04 a4 and i got an ipod adapter that will work with any car. i think its the best one out there. it basically works with your stereo, and you find an all static station, put the radio and the adapter on that channel, and there you go! i love it and use it all the time. here is the link. http://www.everythingipod.com/TFM.tp...bs/products.db

if that link doesnt work, then go to everythingipod.com and find the DLO TransPod FM.
I think eventually when I get around to it, I'm gonna just hardwire my I river and hide the plug somewhere. The FM transmitters work alright, but you definitely lose some sound quality even if it isn't staticy.

Old 08-11-2004, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

i have to tell you, i have lost zero sound quality. i thought i would too, but it sounds sweet. check these links out of a guy that wired everything to his car...looks sick. as for hardwiring it, obviously the best way to go, but for alternatives, i love the look and sound of this FM transmit. anyway, check out the links

http://homepage.mac.com/reelmagik1/PhotoAlbum3.html

http://homepage.mac.com/reelmagik1/PhotoAlbum4.html

Old 08-12-2004, 02:00 AM
1st Gear

i have to tell you, i have lost zero sound quality. i thought i would too, but it sounds sweet. check these links out of a guy that wired everything to his car...looks sick. as for hardwiring it, obviously the best way to go, but for alternatives, i love the look and sound of this FM transmit. anyway, check out the links
I totally agree, I think that console that guy built is sweet.

A comment on the transmitter: it does lose some of the clarity just by virtue of being transmitted through the radio rather than being hardwired. It may be just cuz I'm very picky and have been doing a lot of audio work in the last couple years (so I know what to listen for). You'll be able to tell if you turn the volume up loud, the signal will still soumewhat muffled and the bass will be where you can tell the biggest difference (it won't be as crisp or powerful as a hardwired system).

Don't get me wrong, for what you are getting, the transmitters are a great value since they are relatively cheap and the sound quality is good. I'm just saying I prefer a hardwire to the transmitter and when I get enough time on my hands to screw around with that, you can trust I'll be diggin through my car to get that hooked up.

Old 08-12-2004, 12:07 PM
1st Gear

totally agree....its flawless when hardwired to the car, but i have to say, i blast that transmitter and it sounds pretty damn crisp. there are some transmitters that really suck (cause i've tried them) but this one is the best out there. good luck with your hardwiring. def. post some pics when you get it done.

I totally agree, I think that console that guy built is sweet.

A comment on the transmitter: it does lose some of the clarity just by virtue of being transmitted through the radio rather than being hardwired. It may be just cuz I'm very picky and have been doing a lot of audio work in the last couple years (so I know what to listen for). You'll be able to tell if you turn the volume up loud, the signal will still soumewhat muffled and the bass will be where you can tell the biggest difference (it won't be as crisp or powerful as a hardwired system).

Don't get me wrong, for what you are getting, the transmitters are a great value since they are relatively cheap and the sound quality is good. I'm just saying I prefer a hardwire to the transmitter and when I get enough time on my hands to screw around with that, you can trust I'll be diggin through my car to get that hooked up.
[/quote]

Quick Reply: New A4 owner with iPod integration questions...