Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NewSouth boost Gauge help

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
1st Gear
Default NewSouth boost Gauge help

Ok so I just recieved my newsouth turbopod package, yes i know it's not the best and I wanted the AWE vent gauge but I didnt feel like dropping 260 at the moment. Anyway I've looked through many threads on boost gauge installs and they all seem to be for the vent mounted pod. I just need to find the easiest way to run the vaccum through the firewall into the engine bay also Im kinda confused on the wiring part so I dunno. I'm having one hell of time doing it. On top of all that, The stupid column they sent me doesnt wanna slide into place on the steering column. If anyone has any experience with these gauges or anything similiar please I need your help because I really need to see what the hell I'm boosting...

Thanks Guys

Old 01-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Default RE: NewSouth boost Gauge help

there is easy access through the firewall. just unclip the ECU (keep it connected), pull it out of the way a little, and there is a huge entry way right to the inside of your car.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:20 PM
1st Gear

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19295- boost gauge part
http://a4mods.com/index.php?page=web...urbotimer.html- Wiring Part(toward middle of page)

Boost gauge vac line through firewall-
Basically take off your drivers side wheel and look at the back of the wheel well(toward the steering wheel) And youll see 6 little rubber nipple things. Cut one of those offthey kinda look like this -= just cut that top part offand run the vac line through it, then go to the inside of the car and look to the left of the clutch/brake and youll see the vac line coming in.

Wiring- Thats the constant 12vwire. you want to cut or strip off the insulation and run the boost gauge power line to that.
Name:  image3.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  134.5 KB
Name:  image2.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  142.4 KB

I know i know im amazing at describing stuff

Old 01-20-2008, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Kyle09

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19295- boost gauge part
http://a4mods.com/index.php?page=web...urbotimer.html- Wiring Part(toward middle of page)

Boost gauge vac line through firewall-
Basically take off your drivers side wheel and look at the back of the wheel well(toward the steering wheel) And youll see 6 little rubber nipple things. Cut one of those offthey kinda look like this -= just cut that top part offand run the vac line through it, then go to the inside of the car and look to the left of the clutch/brake and youll see the vac line coming in.

Wiring- Thats the constant 12vwire. you want to cut or strip off the insulation and run the boost gauge power line to that.

I know i know im amazing at describing stuff
wtf, that is the hard way. just unclip your ecu, pull it to the side (while still connected) and there is a big wide open space through the firewall. although going through the wheel well may work, there is an easier way

Old 01-20-2008, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

my way was easy, just cause it looks harder, doesnt mean it is. I could have done either ways, this way was faster and eaiser(you only have to undo 3 bolts, vs 6 (1 is hard to get to))

Old 01-20-2008, 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Kyle09

my way was easy, just cause it looks harder, doesnt mean it is. I could have done either ways, this way was faster and eaiser(you only have to undo 3 bolts, vs 6 (1 is hard to get to))
and the lug nuts , and if you have a socket wrench then non of those bolts (even the back one) are hard to get.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:44 AM
1st Gear

If you don't want to deal with the ECU box then here is a step by step to run the vacuum line via the wheel well

http://www.podi.ca/Installation.aspx#part1