Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice to know your A4 has magically lost MPG??

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
1st Gear
Default Nice to know your A4 has magically lost MPG??

Apperently http://www.fueleconomy.gov was mandated to start telling the truth about hybrid gas mileage, and it was not pretty(Low 40's). So now they are trying to make all the gas/diesal cars look worse then they actually are to help promote shitty hybrids.

They are claiming the 5speed A4 gets 19MPG now. I dont know about you but even with all my mods I have NEVER gotten under 23city - 30hwy (27avg). http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/compx...Field=Findacar

This is bullshit because it will affect our A4's resale value.

I added a pic for the A4 and for VW Jetta that I made for the TDI forums. It proves the point. Check http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://...eleconomy.gov/
Compare it to the current www.fueleconomy.gov and you will see. Every non-hybrid had its MPG slashed by about 20% and is way lower then the realistic value. The hybrids however are still slightly higher then most people claim to get in specific car forums.

This kind of crap makes my blood boil...

[IMG]local://upfiles/29103/F7423CDC68084207A257E34E19BE9ECD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: Nice to know your A4 has magically lost MPG??

The VW one...

[IMG]local://upfiles/29103/2FDFA1E2F673489A86DA5A4A1237A487.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-13-2007, 09:54 AM
4th Gear

Mineshows 18 city 25 hwy. I average 23 mpg.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM

I get 24-26 city...never really did a full highway tank but im guessing it would be cloes to 30...i got a few more mpg with the new K&N filter..

Old 06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
2nd Gear

Bastrds, i am deff getting better then those numbers i have to clean out my fuel system but im deff in low 20's for city

Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
1st Gear

thats bull i get around 30 mpg on the highway depending how i drive and all that crap but they are saying i get 22 yeaaa right and then 16 in the city i get around 20 in my town bit i dont go to much into the city

this is rediciouls!!![:@]

...anger over

Old 06-13-2007, 11:42 AM
1st Gear

Isn’t it nice that the hippie liberal bashing on gas cars now has our own government lying to us about fuel economy...
You know its sad that these hybrids get worse gas mileage, use up their battery packs in 5 or less years ($3000-$6000 to replace) have worse top speed, worse acceleration, and worse reliability then a VAG 1.9L TDI motor, and technically pollute MORE thanks to new low sulfur diesel, and yet they have all the support. You know the late 90's Civic HX 5 Speed had better gas mileage with a 1.7L CARBURATED motor then the Civic Hybrid gets with a 1.3L Fuel Injected motor? WTF??? you could put the 1.3L Fuel Injected motor, without the hybrid bullshit, and just get better mileage to begin with...

Its great when stoners fight for a cause they dont understand. I cant wait for 15 years from now when the landfills are full of giant hazardous used batt packs, and they are on the warpath out that. ******* ********.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sirfalconx

Isn’t it nice that the hippie liberal bashing on gas cars now has our own government lying to us about fuel economy...
You know its sad that these hybrids get worse gas mileage, use up their battery packs in 5 or less years ($3000-$6000 to replace) have worse top speed, worse acceleration, and worse reliability then a VAG 1.9L TDI motor, and technically pollute MORE thanks to new low sulfur diesel, and yet they have all the support. You know the late 90's Civic HX 5 Speed had better gas mileage with a 1.7L CARBURATED motor then the Civic Hybrid gets with a 1.3L Fuel Injected motor? WTF??? you could put the 1.3L Fuel Injected motor, without the hybrid bullshit, and just get better mileage to begin with...

Its great when stoners fight for a cause they dont understand. I cant wait for 15 years from now when the landfills are full of giant hazardous used batt packs, and they are on the warpath out that. ******* ********.
Liberals responsible for the decisions of the Bush administration EPA? 1.7L civics? late 90s cars with Carburetors? It may be a stupid policy, but talk sense man! The Civic has grown. Its bigger than an older accord. Crash test standards have increased too, so cars are heavier than older models of the same size never mind bigger models, and drivers are demanding ever improving power. Minivans today are faster than sports cars from the 60s and 70s. That is why we aren't seeing better fuel economy numbers. Its not some evil liberal conspiracy. hybrids aren't all they're cracked up to be, but they do improve fuel economy for most drivers because they allow the gas engine to run at peak efficiency (WOT).

Old 06-13-2007, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear

We need more diesels here in the USA... I would buy a diesel Audi in a heartbeat

Old 06-13-2007, 06:28 PM

I average 24.5 and i dont drive it soft but i dont drive it that hard either. . . i could probably get 28 if i wanted

Quick Reply: Nice to know your A4 has magically lost MPG??