Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No audio from my 6 disc CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:22 PM
1st Gear
Question No audio from my 6 disc CD Changer

I recently purchased a 2005.5 A4, with the Nav system. It has a 6 disc changer in the glove box that is not working properly. I noticed before I bought the car that this was the case and I was told that it was working all along but that it was probably the lift within the changer that was defective for some reason. The used dealer ordered me a new changer. When I received it, it is doing the same exact thing that the previous changer was doing. I can load and eject CDs, but they will not play. All i get is a whining noise, but no audio at all. The screen seems to acknowledge that the CDs are in the changer and the timer starts. I can even scroll through the tracks. I am aware that the player will not recognize MP3 discs. I have been using "original" CDs. The in dash DVD drive for the Navigation will play all CDs and MP3 discs normally. I am not getting any help from the place I bought the car from.....any ideas?

Old 01-30-2015, 09:51 PM
1st Gear
Default SAME ISSUE! Reviving the question

Originally Posted by mpinet00
I recently purchased a 2005.5 A4, with the Nav system. It has a 6 disc changer in the glove box that is not working properly. I noticed before I bought the car that this was the case and I was told that it was working all along but that it was probably the lift within the changer that was defective for some reason. The used dealer ordered me a new changer. When I received it, it is doing the same exact thing that the previous changer was doing. I can load and eject CDs, but they will not play. All i get is a whining noise, but no audio at all. The screen seems to acknowledge that the CDs are in the changer and the timer starts. I can even scroll through the tracks. I am aware that the player will not recognize MP3 discs. I have been using "original" CDs. The in dash DVD drive for the Navigation will play all CDs and MP3 discs normally. I am not getting any help from the place I bought the car from.....any ideas?
Hi. First post, I apologize in advance is this has been addressed somewhere else but I've been searching Google and this is the first post I've found with any relevance to my problem or any sort of solution.

Just Purchased w/36,xxx Miles
2007 A4 3.2 Q
Manufactured 2006
I know it does not have bluetooth and it DOES have a bad Steering Control Module so none of the buttons or volume controls work. (OP, If your controls do not work then is it the issue??)

I've been searching all over for this EXACT same resolution as the OP. Everything I find is about ERROR 3 or MP3 and does it work or yada yada........

However, I am experiencing this EXACT same problem. I insert a CD into the Audi 6 Disco CD Audio Changer, it loads fine, ejects fine, but when music should be playing there is only a high pitch wining or static. The volume **** controls the static volume but absolutely no audio. Track says it's playing as it should.

Does ANYONE have a fix/cause/solution that can help me out? It's driving me nuts! First I find out the SD Slots only accept 2GB non HC Cards which I have NONE, lol. And then the CD Changer won't play my cd's or mp3's.

I can't be without music, please help and THANK YOU!! :cheers:

Old 01-31-2015, 10:40 AM
1st Gear

The first thing you need to do is get a vagcom scanner. I got a imitation one from eBay for 30 bucks and it worked fine. That will scan each module and let you know if there are any issues. Also, get a fiber optic loop. Then unplug one device in the series at a time and use the loop to complete the circuit. That will allow you to find the culprit module. Be sure to do the module and BUS scan using vagcom and post the results here. We can then try to help. I fixed mine this way. It was a bad amp and I had to get an amp with the exact same sw and part number. Good luck buddy

Old 02-01-2015, 04:45 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Shalviin
The first thing you need to do is get a vagcom scanner. I got a imitation one from eBay for 30 bucks and it worked fine. That will scan each module and let you know if there are any issues. Also, get a fiber optic loop. Then unplug one device in the series at a time and use the loop to complete the circuit. That will allow you to find the culprit module. Be sure to do the module and BUS scan using vagcom and post the results here. We can then try to help. I fixed mine this way. It was a bad amp and I had to get an amp with the exact same sw and part number. Good luck buddy
Thanks man, I'll be seeing my buddy at an Audi dealership tomorrow to see if I can have someone run a scan for me. I'll post the results when I have them.

Thanks again.