Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:10 PM
Default Noob Question

Alright, I'm 16 and I want to buy an A4. I'm not sure if i want a 1.8T or a 2.8 yet. I know the 2.8 produces more power, but if the boost on the 1.8 was increasesed could it create equal or more power? I'm leaning towards the 1.8T because after I buy the car and pay for insurance I am not going to have money to turbo a 2.8. Also I was wondering if Quattro would help or hurt launching. I'd assume it would help, but elsewhere I heard AWD is more difficult to launch. Thanks alot.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:16 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Noob Question

(slams head on desk)

Old 12-17-2006, 10:19 PM

Thanks for your help, I'm sure you were never new to a type of car, *******.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:26 PM
4th Gear

before you call me an *******, or make new posts.. you might want to read the stickys at the top of the page.. or idk, do a search.. we get asked these questions all the time, 4-5 times a week, and it gets really old

so before you make a post about something thats been covered a thousand times, just save some time, and type it into the search bar.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:42 PM
4th Gear

Lazer lazer, stop. Who cares if he questions are dumb to you, don't be such an *******, he asked nicely and titled it "Noob Question" so you knew what you were getting when you entered the thread, if your just gonna flame him then don't bother viewing the thread. Christ. Stop.

Old 12-17-2006, 10:48 PM
4th Gear

Ok, Foss... The 2.8 is a much more reliable car, faster off the lot I suppose but is much less fun and is really more of an "Old Mans" car if you ask me. You can't do many mods for easy quick power and its not as much fun to drive, so I'd definitly go with the 1.8T. And with the 2.8 you probably wouldn't be turbo-ing it instead you'd be adding a super charger (Expensive $$$$). And with a 500$ Chip (ECU Upgrade) a new diverter valve, exhaust, intake... Your gonna be much quicker than a 2.8 for around 1,800$. Plus your car will sound amazing and you reallly enjoy driving it. Now for more fun/power whenever you want, your gonna want a 5speed, this allows you to kick it down a gear get the RPMS up there and really just lay into the gas, auto's don't offer that sort of fun... unless you go tip which are known for delayed shifting and any dumb blonde bimbo can drive it. And if you are to get a 1.8T like I feel you should, you must get Quattro, it gives you amazing control of the car and definitly launches quicker or has the ability to. Along with that you'll enjoy more than ever driving on those curvey roads, its quite a rush! So definitly!

- Go 1.8T
- Mod it up for less than 2k$
-Go Quattro!
-Go 5speed!

Good Luck finding a car!

-Amze

Old 12-17-2006, 10:48 PM
4th Gear

all i said was "slams head on desk"

and he called me out so i reserve the right to defend myself

btw, heres your link, check the one that says noobs start here
https://www.audiforums.com/m_402135/tm.htm

Old 12-17-2006, 10:52 PM
4th Gear

Which was just sarcastic and uncalled for.... He called you out because he's new and felt he'd be flamed in a car forum with questions that are considered "noob"... So he labeled the thread to prevent that and even asked nicely and gave us some backround letting us know he doesn't claim to be a pro (Don't think anyone does) and you still made the uneeded comment.... I understand we ansewer this alot, but it was his 1st or 2nd total post so theres no need to be mean to a new member. I'd rather have more people here, more car issues to see and more ways to learn!

Old 12-17-2006, 11:12 PM

Thank you Amze for your feedback. You completely answered my question. Sorry for sounding like a dick lazer I just didn't think your comment was necessary. Amze you pretty much sealed my decision on going for the 1.8T. Thanks for the link Lazer it's really helpful.

Old 12-17-2006, 11:18 PM
4th Gear

Yes Sir, glad I could help you. And I'm sure 90% of the users on this forum would second my opinion. Even people who own 2.8's regret not going 1.8T alot of the time, just because its simply not as mod-able or fun!

Good luck finding one man, you'll love it and wanna drive Audis for life! Im only 17 and love mine!

Quick Reply: Noob Question