Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Level Indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 02:22 PM
1st Gear
Default Oil Level Indicator?

I have a 2000 A4 and the manual says that the car has a low oil indicator on the LED display. The manual also says the feature wasn't available at the time of printing... whatever that means. So does a 2000 A4 have this feature?

Thanks,
Ben

Old 01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Oil Level Indicator?

does it really matter? If that light comes on, its already to late.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:25 PM
1st Gear

1. yes
2. its "already too late" how? please explain this to me since you obviously know much more than the audi engineers who put this feature in the later model cars. My MR2 has an oil level sensor and it's great to know that should i ever develop a catastrophic oil leak that i will know when the oil is more than two quarts lowso that i can shut it down before the oil pan is dry.

Old 01-18-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm make believe

you should always check your tires and oil levels regually. If your car is more than a qrt low, your car will have under 3 qrts overall in the engine/pan and in a car already known for high risk of sludge. Plus this way you can tell if your car is going through oil regually or not. If you have a massive leak, your fu(ked, a light wont save you....SORRY.

For someone being a memeber for all of 7 days and have 11post, you shouldnt act like a smart mouth. Try showing some respect to people trying to help you.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:06 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

you should always check your tires and oil levels regually. If your car is more than a qrt low, your car will have under 3 qrts overall in the engine/pan and in a car already known for high risk of sludge. Plus this way you can tell if your car is going through oil regually or not. If you have a massive leak, your fu(ked, a light wont save you....SORRY.

For someone being a memeber for all of 7 days and have 11post, you shouldnt act like an *** hole smart mouth. Try showing some respect to people trying to help you.
i didn't ask whether or not i should check my oil regularly. if i was a quart low i would have 4.5 quarts in the oil pan/motor, not 3. i know how my car consumes oil. like i said before, you must be somebody with much more knowledge than the engineers who design an oil level warning indicator into modern cars.

read your initial post again and show me exactly where you tried to help me. all you did was respond to me with an ******* know it all reply, so that is all the respect you are entitled to. post count is not a measure of knowledge or willingness to help a fellow car enthusiast, as you have shown.

if anyone has any meaningful information related to my original question, it would be appreciated.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm make believe

I showed you no disrespect. All i said was that if your oil light is on, you shouldnt be driving it so you shouldnt need one. You should check it every so often to avoid putting yourself in that situation.

Just because you mistook my post doesnt mean you can spout your mouth off at people. Why not show some respect to those that try to help you. Ill make sure this is the last time i try to help an ungrateful person like yourself.

Old 01-18-2008, 05:34 PM
1st Gear

I showed you no disrespect. All i said was that if your oil light is on, you shouldnt be driving it so you shouldnt need one. You should check it every so often to avoid putting yourself in that situation.

Just because you mistook my post doesnt mean you can spout your mouth off at people. Why not show some respect to those that try to help you. Ill make sure this is the last time i try to help an ungrateful person like yourself.
i didn't ask whether you thought i needed one. so unless you are going to answer my question, which you haven't in a total of 3 posts, take your know it all attitude elsewhere.

oh well you're upping my post count, which is obviously very important to you.

Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM
1st Gear

Try showing some respect to people trying to help you.
this makes me laugh, when he said this just a few posts before

yeah cincy,
your really trying to help him huh?

also, to benny, is it making like a click or a tick noise?
is there a tick noise coming from the engine...area?

Old 01-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm make believe

Yeah, i did help him. I told him not to be a lazy *** and take 2mins out of his busy life to check the oil once in a while because if the light comes on, its already to late.

If you kids cant grasp preventive maintence, you should be buying a car that needs it.

Old 01-19-2008, 12:24 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: pilihp2

Try showing some respect to people trying to help you.
this makes me laugh, when he said this just a few posts before

yeah cincy,
your really trying to help him huh?

also, to benny, is it making like a click or a tick noise?
is there a tick noise coming from the engine...area?

no, there isn't anything wrong with the car, i was just wondering ifthe2000 A4 has a oil level monitoring system.

Yeah, i did help him. I told him not to be a lazy *** and take 2mins out of his busy life to check the oil once in a while because if the light comes on, its already to late.

If you kids cant grasp preventive maintence, you should be buying a car that needs it.
how about you reread this entire thread. i realize it will take a long time for you, but struggle through it and you will see that my question has nothing to do with whether or not i am lazy and don't want to check my oil.

if your oil level light came on it would not be too late (to save the motor internals)because the light is programmed to come on long before the bearings go dry. come on man, i'm sure somebody as simple as you can understand that concept.

jesus cincy are you so dense that you can't possibly fathom that this system is built into a huge percentage of cars on the road today? i never asked if it was necessary, i never asked people's opinions about it being redundant if you already have a dipstick. i simply asked if a 2000 A4 had the system.

Quick Reply: Oil Level Indicator?