Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok im buying a gt28rs

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 10:41 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Ok im buying a gt28rs

^^^^haha no **** dude..i get scared ****-less when i hit like 90 on the main roads. I was just wondering...for track purposes...am when i say that im being dead serious..i F'ing hate it when someone flies by me on the high way at 100+mph. I know a few people who have died doing that kinda dangerous stupuid ****. not cool..

Old 10-22-2007, 10:46 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: Kyle09

Yeah i think that because the gear ratio is the same my top speed wont be any different.....does any one know if i am right? I should just get to the top speed faster..

cincyTT/auditech79/sean1.8T...HELP!
it will definitely raise no doubt about that. for every 33% increase in power to the wheels you get roughly 10% increase in top speed. whatever the software puts the rev limiter at will also determine it. most software has a 7100 rev limiter and the max speed your gona get at that rev is 157mph. your car just cant produce enough power to get it above a certain speed right now

here's a table for a 16" rim http://www.car-videos.com/tools/spee...B1=Recalculate

Old 10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: hiwords

like some ppl have been saying u have to change ur gear ratios for hgher top speed. i kno i saw a honda that was made into a 6 speed by adding a gear sumhow. it was in a magazine a while ago. maybe we can do the same thing? not sure though
Seriously does anyone know if we can do that? It would be nice to have a 6th gear...or at least a 5th gear where i can cruize at like 75mph with out being at 4000 rpm. Thats the only thing i dont like about my Audi, is that when im on the high way, my car is like telling me it needs to be shifted into a higher hear. My dads bimmer is made to cruize at speeds of 110mph...but my audi can cruize at 60..makes no sense. they are both german cars w/ an autobahn.

Ive never seen that done, but im pretty sure the 04-05 ultra sports b6'swere 6 speeds..im sure we couldswap one of those for our tranneys.(or at least i could,cause im a b6)

Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: chaos92287

ORIGINAL: Kyle09

Yeah i think that because the gear ratio is the same my top speed wont be any different.....does any one know if i am right? I should just get to the top speed faster..

cincyTT/auditech79/sean1.8T...HELP!
it will definitely raise no doubt about that. for every 33% increase in power to the wheels you get roughly 10% increase in top speed. whatever the software puts the rev limiter at will also determine it. most software has a 7100 rev limiter and the max speed your gona get at that rev is 157mph. your car just cant produce enough power to get it above a certain speed right now

here's a table for a 16" rim http://www.car-videos.com/tools/spee...B1=Recalculate

Hmmmm.....well played, but i just cannot see my car going 157mph with out the engine blowing up...i bet its really easy for **** to break when you aretravelingatvery high speeds and areat 6500+ rpms for a long peroid of time....correct me if im wrong

Old 10-22-2007, 10:55 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiCross

YES! your top speed will be teh same!!!! if you dont change your tranny, and you dont change your wheels, and you dont change your rev-limiter, your top speed will be the same.

in that pic he is at 106 mph while at 4.8k rpm. with simple math we see that the 7200 revlimiter when chipped, your speed will be 159 miles an hour at revlimiter assuming you have teh horsepower to get there. the revlimiter MAY be at 7300 rpm, which would make your top speed 161 mph

PLEASE! dont be retarded. unless you are on the fu(kin autobond or a long a$$ stright road like highway 80 going through the nevada desert, DONT DO IT
happy one of you figured that out. i was about towalkthem through it the same way.but how did you know what gear i was in doing 106? Haha it was fifth of course. i took that pickwhile i was slowing down though so if i was just hitting the clutch at the time the rpms could have been dropping right off from somewhere higher while the speed only dropped a little in that time due to air resistance, etc. - i have no idea really what the rpms where, so someone has to do it again like that while thecar is still accelerating-just get the ratiothough at a lower speed, the math will do the rest jus likeAudiCross didit.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:59 PM
1st Gear

im gonna go to you tube and try to find some dumbass w/ a gt28rs maxing out his speed....ill post the vid if i find one.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:03 PM
2nd Gear

for 6th gear fanatic up there, you cant add another gear to your car. you would need a new transmission. and it can be done, but it costs money and is not worth it unless your current transmission takes a healthy ****.

and for the speed. this is for EVERYONE: our cars stock were electronically limited to 120 mph. this is for a reason. they were built FOR 120 tops. of COURSE they can go above that, but its not safe. if your have stock non sport suspension and go there, you are RETARDED. no questions asked. with the stock sport suspension, you r okay but its still dumb. the breaks. if you try to stop completley at any quick speed from 80 mph or up, you arnt stopping fast until your RED HOT breaks cool down and PRAY they dont warp.

all this said...cmon now. whats the need? ive gone 126. i LOVE it. but i realize its retarded. get a BIG A$$ turbo and accelerate like a bat out of hell. dont go warp speeds unless there is nothing harder than a fat down pellow for the nearest 5 miles

Old 10-22-2007, 11:04 PM
3rd Gear

i was probably around 5500 rpm when i hit 110. figure 4000rpm / 80mph =50 and 5500 rpm /110mph = 50rpm/mph , so that 50rpm/mphratio cantchange. so7100rpm / 50rpm/mph = 142mph. someone check that in a 5spd in fifth tomorrow or tonight and find out what it really is - but i'm guessing its not far off from 45-50 rpm/mph in fifth gear.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:10 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: AudiCross

for 6th gear fanatic up there, you cant add another gear to your car. you would need a new transmission. and it can be done, but it costs money and is not worth it unless your current transmission takes a healthy ****.

and for the speed. this is for EVERYONE: our cars stock were electronically limited to 120 mph. this is for a reason. they were built FOR 120 tops. of COURSE they can go above that, but its not safe. if your have stock non sport suspension and go there, you are RETARDED. no questions asked. with the stock sport suspension, you r okay but its still dumb. the breaks. if you try to stop completley at any quick speed from 80 mph or up, you arnt stopping fast until your RED HOT breaks cool down and PRAY they dont warp.

all this said...cmon now. whats the need? ive gone 126. i LOVE it. but i realize its retarded. get a BIG A$$ turbo and accelerate like a bat out of hell. dont go warp speeds unless there is nothing harder than a fat down pellow for the nearest 5 miles
^you are right imo.
and please no ask "Why does the speedometer go up to 160?"
The answer is that is why you bought an Audi - to see if you could get it to go that fast-on a track of course.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:23 PM

i have hit 132ish on my b5...

but then i gotta cell when i turned the car off...

Stock wheels are rated for 130mph... i think thats why i got the cell...

the cel said something about auxilury speed or some crap...

and as for the rpms... when i was using the stock air box my rpms would be at around 4000 while going 80... but when i got my short ram K&N filter their about at 3700 while going 80...

Quick Reply: Ok im buying a gt28rs