Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peeling temperature control buttons anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 05:23 PM
Default Peeling temperature control buttons anyone?

I have to say that I love, love, love my Audi A4...the only thing that bugs me is that my temperature control buttons are peeling! Does anyone else have this problem...and a solution? I haven't come up with much when I "googled" my problem. I've seen some people that sell the control panels on ebay from "salvaged" Audi's but I'm thinking won't it just happen to that panel too? Any input is appreciated!

Old 08-30-2006, 05:44 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Peeling temperature control buttons anyone?

ORIGINAL: Donya

I have to say that I love, love, love my Audi A4...the only thing that bugs me is that my temperature control buttons are peeling! Does anyone else have this problem...and a solution? I haven't come up with much when I "googled" my problem. I've seen some people that sell the control panels on ebay from "salvaged" Audi's but I'm thinking won't it just happen to that panel too? Any input is appreciated!
This subject has been touched on a few times but there's nothing you can do about it but replace the entire climate control unit...about $600+ from the dealer.

But, eventually, that will happen to the new unit. Audi claims that it's the oils in skin that detoriates the rubber-like coating on buttons or even cleaning solutions. In any case, it was a poor choice on Audi's part.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:59 PM

$600!?! Wow, I'm sure I can live with the peeling buttons for that price. LOL I agree, it was a poor choice on Audi's part. I think would have prefered ***** to the buttons for temperature control. Either way, at the end of the day I still love my car...that's all that matters, right?

Old 08-30-2006, 06:05 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Donya

$600!?! Wow, I'm sure I can live with the peeling buttons for that price. LOL I agree, it was a poor choice on Audi's part. I think would have prefered ***** to the buttons for temperature control. Either way, at the end of the day I still love my car...that's all that matters, right?
That's how I look at it.

Old 08-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Zombie Defense Force

never happened to me but its happening to my sister. i guess just dont touch the area and push the button in the corner or something. any one ever try to repaint it?

Old 08-30-2006, 06:49 PM
3rd Gear

i think it's mostly a B6 problem right? i remember looking at a used B6 before I got my B5 and it had HORRIBLE pealing on everything

Old 08-30-2006, 06:53 PM

go to Audi and let them explain you might get nothing but at least you tried ( they might get embarrassed ) you could say your looking to buy a new car in a couple of years and this doesn't look good

Old 08-30-2006, 09:27 PM
1st Gear

If you have a B6 under warranty right now, the dealer will replace all the pealing buttons. They changed to this a year or so ago. They say they will only do it once though.