Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 01:27 AM
3rd Gear
Default Please help

Ok..toomorrow im gonna take it in for oil/filter...suspension...vac. hose....now,....i need to know how to change my plugs......i know i need 4.....what do i get...im pretty sure they need to be at .028mm....any special tools and does anyone have a write up for this? Thank you...

--E

Old 08-17-2005, 04:28 AM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Please help

just buy bosch there vehicle specific so they are already gapped. ur local auto parts shop will help u out

u will need a torque wrench, a spark plug socket, and an extention for ur socket wrench. and some boot grease and anti seize for the threads. o yea and a bunch of bandaids because the aluminum area around the plugs are sharp as hell.

and they are replaced just like any other vehicle. do the plugs one at a time so u dont get the wires mixed up

Old 08-17-2005, 05:55 AM
2nd Gear

You must never change sparkys when the engine is hot. You need to take off the engine cover & unscrew (with hex keys) the coil packs. They are four black rectangle things under the engine cover held in by 2 bolts a piece. You will need the sparky socket set... I think its a 5/8 drive. You will need a socket extension too.

Oh yeah... don't tighten too much either. Once it grips, it should only be a quarter of a turn.

Old 08-17-2005, 06:08 AM
4th Gear

Haha sandman, i dont think he needs all that. All u need is a socket,extension,hex, gapper(if not pregapped) and the plugs. The plugs should be tighten to about 17ft/pd. So just tighten till they feel "tight", if u dont have a torque wrench.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:52 AM
5th Gear

just use your inner ft/lbs scale, that's how i roll....feel the qi

Old 08-17-2005, 02:24 PM
3rd Gear

haha...i'll use the force bent..lol..thanks guys....ill do it later and post pics and throw it in the diy for anyone else like me who really had no clue what to do before :-D

--E