Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help. I'm Looking to Purchase. I Need Help/Advice.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 09:44 PM
3rd Gear
Default Please Help. I'm Looking to Purchase. I Need Help/Advice.

Hello. Been hovering around here for a while so I decided to join.

So I'm looking to purchase a Black 2001 2.8L A4 within the next few days. I've gotten incredibly interested in Audi since I've taken a few drives in them. I've done my research (thanks for the all around A4 thread explaining what to mod, it's really helpful) and what not but I've got some things to ask since one of the Audi's I'll be looking at soon today.

1. One of the Audi's has 60,000 miles. No timing belt replaced so I would do that. It looks to be in good shape but I'm going to have a look on Friday.

2. This second one I'm taking a look at today. This one is with 70,000 miles but I haven't checked what's been taken care of until I see them today.

*I plan to Car Fax both cars after taking a look*

I do plan on modding and tuning as well. I've seen the list for what could be modded and tuned to I'm aware of the parts.

So what I'm asking from the rest of the Audi enthusiasts here is what should I look at when I go to see one of the cars today and the other tomarrow? Granted, I will defiantly have a mechanic to look at the car if I decide to purchase. Is there anything that I should notice if something isn't right when I drive it, like does it feel a certain way while driving. Not something along the lines of the coil springs getting shot, but things less obvious that can only be described to notice them. Any noises coming from the engine? Certain soon to be worn out parts that I should look at that could show some sign of wear before they go. Things of that sort and beyond would be great if everyone could help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Please Help. I'm Looking to Purchase. I Need Help/Advice.

Id recommend taking it to an audi dealership to inspect. They charge soemthing like 80 bucks for a full inspection.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:00 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the response.

I just may do that if I decide to purchase.

Though is there anything I could look at or notice off the bat when I take a look at car #2 in a few hours?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:21 AM
3rd Gear

Bump. Anyone else?

Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 AM
4th Gear

If you want to mod, I highly plan on going with a turbo'd audi.. IE: 1.8T.