Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Sunroof = Keyless Entry??

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 11:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Power Sunroof = Keyless Entry??

ORIGINAL: StevenTownsend

haha yep. the greatest part is when you turn it to the right and the sunroof closes. it's a nifty little feature. unfortunately it doesnt' work keylessly hha
All it takes is changing one number with a VAG tool and it will do it remotely I still need to get with someone that has the tool to do it. I would love to be able to put all my windows down before I get to the car to cool it off a bit. I usually just use the key method after i get out on a hot day to crack all the windows evenly.

Old 04-17-2006, 12:10 AM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: landsknechte

I may not have a choice but to go back to a dealer for programming, as I only have one key for it. (...and if I'm not mistaken, you need two keys to program a fob, right?)
Well you have one key now, and then you'll buy another one which will make two keys.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:05 AM
1st Gear

welcome to the forum...pm me if u want instructions on how to program u'r remote...[8D]

Old 04-17-2006, 06:54 PM

Great.

I have A4 1.8T 2002. I have just one key...thanks to the dealer.......(*****).
Anyways, I want to get second key as a back up. I asked my Audio dealer, he quoted around 250 bucks for the new key.
Any suggestions? How can I program my current key (looks very similar to one above) so that I can roll down windows remotely.

Hey thanks for the tip on rolling down windows by turning key on left. I tried rolling up and but never tried rolling down...today is the day.

JD

Old 04-17-2006, 07:43 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: kextyn

haha yep. the greatest part is when you turn it to the right and the sunroof closes. it's a nifty little feature. unfortunately it doesnt' work keylessly hha
All it takes is changing one number with a VAG tool and it will do it remotely I still need to get with someone that has the tool to do it. I would love to be able to put all my windows down before I get to the car to cool it off a bit. I usually just use the key method after i get out on a hot day to crack all the windows evenly.
dang, really? hmm

Old 04-17-2006, 08:19 PM
5th Gear

yea its not hard to change the things with a vag come, you basically add up some numbers ofthe features you want it to have and input that number

Old 04-17-2006, 10:25 PM
1st Gear

and if you put the key in the keyhole and hold it to the left, all the windows roll down. ;] and if you hold it to the right, they will all roll up. including the sunroof if it's open or cracked ;]
i tried to do this...but can't seem to get it to work! none of my windows seem to roll down...am i supposed to
turn the key(like when starting the car) or push it sideways?

Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 PM
1st Gear

...wtf i didnt git a remote.

then again im a 98. but didnt they come with them too?(im assuming since an earlier year came standard, why not a newer year?)

Old 04-17-2006, 10:30 PM
1st Gear

eh?? u'r 98 didn't come with a remote?? all u guys are getting ripped off!!

Old 04-17-2006, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

haha I dont know about all that ^^(getting ripped off)
I could prolly buy 2 of my audi's for the price yinz all paid for one. and its not even ghetto. i just have a ghetto KEY

Quick Reply: Power Sunroof = Keyless Entry??