Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Honda Prelude slushbox
32.35%
Audi A4 1.8T Quattro
67.65%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Prelude vs. A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 04:28 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Prelude vs. A4

Dry conditions, he should have the advantage in the launch, in my opinion. Sure, I will grip right away, but the torque won't transfer well.

Btw, he's not really a friend, just a ricer that likes to brag.

I had a long argument about why his short ram intake is bad, and just pulls in hot air, especially with no sort of heat shield. He explained that the hot air is good, and actually better than cold air. I told him he was wrong and explained the physics (yeah, I passed the AP Physics exam) and he just ended up saying, "Well, I like short ram better anyway." It is VTEC, but my old autoshop teacher (big time VAG guy too) always taught us VTEC sucks ***.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:32 AM
1st Gear

you should beat him off the line with AWD...and atleast u can say you beat him off the line maybe 60' time

Old 08-22-2006, 04:33 AM
3rd Gear

I think you got him if you can drive. You have more TQ plus you get it 4,000rpm sooner and you also reach peak HP 3,000rpm sooner......Shift right and you may have him

Old 08-22-2006, 04:44 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: Cameron
He has:
latest gen Prelude (not sure what year)
slushbox with sportshifter
short ram (aka hot air intake - better than cold air according to him)
muffler, not catback, just muffler
heavy 18" wheels
and said that when we race, he'll probably have his MSD box in.
He says he'll be running 200hp, 220ft/lbs on race day
I'm sorry, but I think he's full of craps. I'm a Prelude owner as well, and I know for sure that with those mods, he ain't running 200hp, 220lb-ft. There is no way that the torque number is higher than the hp number in the H22 motor (or any NA Honda motors). Since he has a slushbox, I'm guessing the most he can have is around 155hp at the wheels. When I had I/H/E in my SH, I dyno'd at 166hp at the wheels. It takes alot more (see my mod list, http://www.vwong.org/bb6.html, the last I dyno'd was at 209hp at the wheels) to see 200hp at the wheels.

If you can drive, I think you could take him off the line with your quattro. And if you can shift fast, you might be able to maintain that lead.

Old 08-22-2006, 04:44 AM
1st Gear

Me and a friend owned a prelude with an exhaust and headers. It was very sad, it was an auto final edition prelude, he got lengths put on him. Mind you my friend was driving a 06 NC Miata with 170HP
My A4 Owns his NC, Im chipped, At 170 I dont think you have much to worry about, will prolly be down to the driver.

Old 08-22-2006, 05:45 AM
1st Gear

god.... i hate hondas

Old 08-22-2006, 06:25 AM

haha, i dont h8 hondas,, i hate ******* that buy a honda, throw a massive wing and a milo tin on it with those cheap motherf***kng clear *** bitch tail lights they get and try to tell you that there car is better... HAHAHA

Also i H8 FWD,,, i hate them, my mate loves them tho,, that bitch needs to be slapped around.. haha. Good luck tho man,, if he's not your friend, smash him by heaps... if your worried about not winning, let some pressure from his tyres while he is not looking..

Old 08-22-2006, 07:27 AM
1st Gear

wellllll finally i can act like i know something on here haha j/k.

in a nutshell im a moderator on preludepower.com and have been building/tuning one of what id have to say the most modified 2g's around. Done the whole club thing, driven 5g's and would have to say they're pretty quick compared to the A4's. Something about the AWD & a few extra hundred pounds would justify an asskickin' light-light but i think once you got out on the hiway it would be a different ball game! With a manual tranny+his few mods it wouldn't even be a question, but the a4 would defintly take it in the turns. As far as your buddies auto goes, i raced a few before i rebuilt the motor in my '86 and spanked them...they're slow as ****!

I think its hilarious how many people hate on every other car they don't own. I don't care my honda only has 4 cylinders or that its FWD, I just like bagging the absolute **** out of it cuz i can and its damn fun to drive-just a big gokart if you ask me. I don't know how it is where you guys are but the EURO scene hasn't really blew up yet here. We still have a retarded amount of streetracing and guys drifting their **** into parked cars. I have noticed, that over the last few years our tuner meets have evolved from all the same kind of car all rolling in together to who's car has the most jdm crap done to it. Only a matter of time before kids start showing up with their parent's A6 all rimmed out haha.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:43 AM
3rd Gear

while he's fixing his tranny, get your 93 oct. chip. but dont tell him about it. then tell him you want to race for slips. you'll walk all over him.

Old 08-22-2006, 10:57 AM

or you could just break his leg before you race. BAM! Instant Advantage1!! LOL

Quick Reply: Prelude vs. A4