Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proformance for 3.0L A4..

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 03:29 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Proformance for 3.0L A4..

How much u guys think all this stuff would cost?

Old 06-12-2005, 06:13 PM
5th Gear

s/c - 5 grand
level 10 tranny - 2 grand (complete guess)
exhaust - 800 bucks
intake - 200 bucks
chip - 300 bucks
tip chip - 300 bucks

plus installation (probably about a grand total)

if you go this route you'll also need a better suspension to handle all this power, that's another grand plus installation. that should get you into the 13s.

Old 06-12-2005, 07:46 PM
1st Gear

For that price.. I want total proformance.. IM probably going for the whole kit!.. by the end of the summer i should deff. have the chip- exhaust- and filter.

Suspension would come after that.. then s/c ... I am still pretty pissed that that damn pickup truck beat me out!!! i feel that its pretty rediculous.

Hopefully all this stuff will have me running low 12's.. high 11's.. wat u guys think

Old 06-12-2005, 07:55 PM
5th Gear

all this stuff will probably take you into the low 13s, maybe high 12s, but definitely not 11s

it's not uncommon for trucks and vans to beat small cars, they have huge V8s designed to throw down gobbs of torque

Old 06-12-2005, 09:02 PM
4th Gear

...wait... did you just say that hte A4 and 5series are competitors?
A4 and 3 series dude... feel better?

Old 06-12-2005, 10:57 PM
5th Gear

i f-ing love that av, spence.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:21 PM
2nd Gear

800 bucks for an exhaust? I've been working on my econo cars too long

I will be making mine for far less than that and it will perform the same if not better.

If he SC's it, wouldn't the intake be useless. I dunno, maybe it will still fit ok with the G2 kit

Personally I think that it's a waste with the auto tranny. It's not worth building it. I'm biases but that's because when I got my license years ago, I kept failing cause I have a bad tendency to take one hand off the wheel if I'm driving at normal speeds. I took my old 944 and passed immediately. Ehh, I can't drive autos, I also end up slamming on the brakes thinking it's the clutch.

With a stick, you could probably hit high 12s.

Old 06-12-2005, 11:22 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bentframe

i f-ing love that av, spence.
lol
*takes a bow*

Old 06-12-2005, 11:28 PM
4th Gear

ORIGINAL: bhj0887

800 bucks for an exhaust? I've been working on my econo cars too long

I will be making mine for far less than that and it will perform the same if not better.

If he SC's it, wouldn't the intake be useless. I dunno, maybe it will still fit ok with the G2 kit

Personally I think that it's a waste with the auto tranny. It's not worth building it. I'm biases but that's because when I got my license years ago, I kept failing cause I have a bad tendency to take one hand off the wheel if I'm driving at normal speeds. I took my old 944 and passed immediately. Ehh, I can't drive autos, I also end up slamming on the brakes thinking it's the clutch.

With a stick, you could probably hit high 12s.
yeah, 800 bones is about what you'll be seing... especially seeing as we're looking at duals.
the intake also wouldn't be useless with an s/c. turbo, yes; s/c no.
also... auto trannys aren't THAT bad. albeit i'd rather have a manual... it's not like autos are NO fun at all. they're aren't as fragile as people make them out to be... but you won't be able to build a monster out of the 3.0 either with it bolted to the auto. We'll put it this way... give TomRitt an auto... and it won't last too long. Some people will also never touch a manual (all depends on where you live) seeing as they are more comfortable. So why trash someone modding their car that happens to be an auto. No one will ever claim to have a wicked *** car if they have an auto, but i'd never look down on someone wanting a car a little faster than stock... and also loving the convienience an auto offers.

Old 06-13-2005, 02:58 AM
2nd Gear

I'll stick with my original Idea and make my own exhaust.

Yea I wasn't sure if the SC placed the TB around the same place in his application. I know a G1 kit it would be completely worthless.

I'm an EastCoaster, tristate area at that, there are A LOT of people around here who wont drive stick.

As for the auto, I was going by my personal preference. They can be modded to handle XXX amount of power. Look at muscle cars, a lot of those are auto and they haul ***. There's only one reason I would want an auto and I'm not going to bring that up.

I'm not trashing him because it's an auto either, he obviously wanted an auto so he bought it. For the best overall performance a 5 or 6 speed manual would be ideal. For the most convenience and comfort and auto suits some very well.

Quick Reply: Proformance for 3.0L A4..