Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quattro to FWD just to Dyno???

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Site Moderator
Default RE: Quattro to FWD just to Dyno???

If they did much Audi tuning they wouldhave anall wheel dyno readily available,as 99% of Audis have quattro. If anything says something negative about this company (as far as tuning Audi's goes), it is that.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:26 PM
4th Gear

I am not having them tune it, I am just running to get numbers.

Josh

Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Site Moderator

WOoOpS... Thought this was the INMOTION chip thread [&:]haha.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:29 PM
2nd Gear

take the drive man, dont risk F ing up your ride just cause didnt want to drive a couple hours.... I have never heard of a dyno shop do anything to a car because it was awd and they only had it for one axel. Plus, if inmotion is paying for you to do it... get a discount off the chip or try to get them to pay for the hassle of driving there

Old 02-26-2007, 11:33 PM
4th Gear

The way it is working with InMotion is that they are giving me the chip for free IF i go and have the car dynoed before and after. Then they are going to use the numbers from the dyno to use as advertising and marketing purposes. And I would do the drive thing, but it would be almost 20Hrs of driving for both the before and after. Thats WAY to much and A LOT of gas!!!!

Josh

Old 02-26-2007, 11:36 PM

paintball, we should try and hook up, ive got an inside down at the audi dealer, we could talk to him about it, hes a certified audi tech.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 PM
4th Gear

hey sounds good. Could you talk to your friend? That would be great. Also since you have an audi, check out this site. it's a Audi/VW club here in Spokane.

www.inlandeuros.com

LMK what your friend says.

Josh

Old 02-26-2007, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear

why wouldnt you dyno first, put the chip on and then dyno it again all in the same day....screw drivin twice

Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 PM
4th Gear

Because you need to run at least 1 tank of gas through it before you re dyno so your car gets used to it.

Josh

Old 02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
1st Gear

I would have to agree with them....take the drive and don't risk your Audi! I actually got lucky as hell as far as Dyno shops go....I found out tonight that the only awd dyno in town is 10 minutes from me, so hopefully I can put up #'s soon. But anyway, I wouldn't try disconnecting a diff. You want to know what your car is really puttin out anyway. If you are only running two weheels, you won't know what real gain you get out of the chip anyway, so what would be the point of a before and after??

Quick Reply: Quattro to FWD just to Dyno???