Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about my 2005.5 A4 Quattro - keyless fobs and other questions?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 10:09 PM
1st Gear
Default Question about my 2005.5 A4 Quattro - keyless fobs and other questions?

Just picked up an 05.5 A4 Automatic with 53,000 miles on it. Great shape. I was surprised to find out that this car does not have keyless fobs, but rather just standard Audi keys with no anything. Was this an option? I've not even seen these keys before. I mean my 02 Beetle had keyless and my 06 A3 did as well. If I don't have it, can I add this easily?

Was automatic headlights an option?

How can I tell if I have Bluetooth? I press the button on the steering wheel for bluetooth and on the dash it says no function, same when I press the Mode button as well.

What is the best iPod adapter kit to buy for this car. I have the Symphony II radio I believe with 6cd and cassette combo.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

1. Previous owner may have needed a replacement key and didn't wanna pay the extra money so just ordered a plain key to save money or its an extra that came with the car. I personally have never seen one without keyless entry that new. As long as you have power locks inside you should be able to order a key fob at a dealership.

2. Auto headlights were an available option at that time but not on all models for those that didn't wanna pay extra.

3. If it says no function it means the option isn't installed but I believe it can be added with a software upgrade since you do have the button. My 05.5 S4 does the same thing and my buddy said he could install the option for me with since he works at a local stealership.

4. Is your changer in dash or in the glove box. On mine I just pulled the changer out of the glove and you can actually plug an iPod directly into the port for the 6 disc changer in the glove and play it through the media function on your head unit as if it were a cd. Mine has Audi nav plus though and I know it's quite a bit different from the symphony systems so yours is probably in dash. If you need one installed then anything wired directly to the back of the head unit always works well, just no cassette plug ins! Lol

Old 11-20-2012, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ben1415
1. Previous owner may have needed a replacement key and didn't wanna pay the extra money so just ordered a plain key to save money or its an extra that came with the car. I personally have never seen one without keyless entry that new. As long as you have power locks inside you should be able to order a key fob at a dealership.

2. Auto headlights were an available option at that time but not on all models for those that didn't wanna pay extra.

3. If it says no function it means the option isn't installed but I believe it can be added with a software upgrade since you do have the button. My 05.5 S4 does the same thing and my buddy said he could install the option for me with since he works at a local stealership.

4. Is your changer in dash or in the glove box. On mine I just pulled the changer out of the glove and you can actually plug an iPod directly into the port for the 6 disc changer in the glove and play it through the media function on your head unit as if it were a cd. Mine has Audi nav plus though and I know it's quite a bit different from the symphony systems so yours is probably in dash. If you need one installed then anything wired directly to the back of the head unit always works well, just no cassette plug ins! Lol
Thank-you for the quick reply! The car seems to have everything else but Nav. It does have the in-dash CD changer....

On the keyless fobs, could I just buy 2 uncut ones from eBay and get them cut and program myself?

I'll check with the local Audi dealer on the bluetooth. Anyway to tell if Satellite radio is installed as well? It has the button and what looks like an XM antenna, but when pushed, doesn't do anything.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:58 PM
1st Gear

1. You'll have to go after market on your iPod hookup then but should only be about $50 installed or less if you can do it yourself. Just make sure you get the right adapter if you have the Bose premium sound system which does make it a bit more expensive. I.e my 04 A6 had Audi symphony on the tape deck but was a Bose disc changer and head unit.

2. Not sure about the key. I'm pretty sure the stealer can program them but they would have to be cut by a specialty key place or worse case sent away to be cut.

3. I'm sure it is satellite ready just like both my cars but you have to pay for a satellite radio subscription in order for it to work. Or just keep finding free trials to use that myself or my friends get in the mail from sirious like me . I'm sure once you get everything registered they'll start mailing you **** all the time asking you to sign up just like me.

Is it a turbo or a V6?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 AM
1st Gear

This should help you with programming the key fob so you don't have to deal with the stealer.

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...i-flip-key-fob

Old 11-21-2012, 08:35 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the link on the key programming. It's the 2.0T.

Suggestions on iPod adapter?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:29 AM
1st Gear

Desion and Dice both make them for your model and have great reps... My old one was a dice in my A6 and I never had problems. Just make sure if you have the Bose system that you get the correct adapter bc it is different from the stock connector for the symphony. When you turn your head unit off completely and then back on does it say Bose or no? Also this video is great for showing how to install.

Old 11-21-2012, 11:36 AM
1st Gear

thanks, just watched the video. I can't tell if this kit allows you to see the songs displayed on the dash like RDS does.

Old 11-21-2012, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

Yeah not sure either but I believe you can buy one that will display song names. Good video on how to install though.