Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on engine prices

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 03:02 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Question on engine prices

id love to race a 700hp a4. that would be a great video and demonstrate my point so well. and then i get to laugh at him for wasting so much money! i dont know why you think im a such a v8 fan. so i have one..so what? iv also have rb25det I6 in the 510 i used to own...so? ive also helped a friend do sr swap into 240sx's which i thought was an increadible car. i didnt say there are no fast 1.8t's. i said there are no fast a4's 1.8t. even a gutted out a4 quattro is still around 3k lbs. its just too heavy. and btw why would you gut an a4? thats just stupid, youre destroying a luxury car! its a total waste of money to make one fast.

anyway your right about posting my opionion. it really is insulting and unneccary. my bad, ill try to keep my opionion to myself.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm make believe

There, you got the point in that post. They are luxury cars, not a race car. With a gt28rs they are easily down to low 13's high 12's. That makes for a respectable luxury car that can keep up with most high powered car. My car is far lighter and there is about 200lbs of unneeded weight i have already started to toss. All that w/o sacrafices luxury or comfort. My TT will be around 2500lbs when done and still have all the nice things that make it an Audi. But that doesnt mean it cant be both fast and get great gas milage. Im just looking to get my car down into the low 12's on street tires and pump gas. Im not looking to make an all out race car that i need a cage in to take it to the 1/4 from time to time

Old 01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
Site Moderator

FYI-
All non constructive posts have been deleted. Keep on topic.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:30 PM
1st Gear

so what happened is I buy the car. And drive back from the dealership to my house.The next day the oil pressure light comes on, and it came on at a point where I had no choice but to drive the car. So, eventually I hear the turbo asking for oil then it stops. I'm assuming a bearing seized in it.

I get to my friends house about 20 min later, and by now I'm pretty damn sure the engine is gone. But it's still running so I figure there's hope. I check the oil, it was over filled by about 4 quarts, and the spark plugs hadn't been replaced in a long time.

Finally get it towed to a place to check it out. And their first answer is that it's a recall with the engine, when the turbo makes coke and then it gets sucked up out of the oil pan and cloggs every thing causing low oil pressure.

So right now, I'm at a point where the dealership will replace it for free but they need on more document that says the engine had been serviced between 43k and 55k. Since all the servicing before that had been done on time. So, I'm going through hell with the dealership who know's it's their fault but don't want to have to pay for any thing.

I do have a pretty good upper hand on them since they paid for the tow from Carson City to Sacramento. They already assumed responsibility for it by doing that.

Any way, there wasn't any kind of warrenty on the car. I had intitialed basically saying

"I know there's no warrenty and I'm not going to get mad at them when some thing goes wrong because it isn't their fault."

BUT, they sold the car under false pretenses..which means that whole thing goes out the window.

As far as the pricing goes. Thanx every one you're very helpful. Ha, I know not to go through the dealership if I want to do with without costing me my right nut.

Also, I was thinking of getting a different engine if it came to that. I used to have a VR6 ina Jetta I totalled on New Years Eve, so I know how strong those are. But, I want some thing with a turbo cause it's the only way to really keep up with most of the cars out there these days.

I had heard that the 2.7T has had a lot of problems when it comes to tuning it. I've known a couple people who have done minor upgrades and blown the engine. So, I'm not so sure about that.

I was thinking of putting a 2.0T in it, or even dropping the 3.0. But, I'm not sure yet. I'll have to wait and see what happens in the next couple weeks.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

I also don't have many details on what exactly needs to get fixed. So, I'm finding that out asap. But from the sounds of every thing, the car has been running like this for a long while, anda lot of things bearings and what not are in need of replacement. Again I'll find out, but it sounds like the entire top half of the engine is going to need to get pulled off in order for it to get fixed.

Thanx again every one

Old 01-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Zombie Defense Force

dang thats too bad deff keep us updated on whats going on

Old 01-21-2008, 09:44 PM
5th Gear

i didn't think it was possible to overfill by 4 quarts...

Old 01-21-2008, 10:10 PM

overfilling by 4 qts, sounds a little ridiculous to me. Did you vag-com it yet?

Old 01-22-2008, 01:46 AM
1st Gear

Give or take a half quart is was over by 4 quarts.
When I got to my friends house, we checked the oil level on the dip stick and saw that it was way above the full line. So I get under the car and drained a bunch of oil. The oil catch we used could hold 6 quarts, and we nearly filled it. It did have a little bit in it. But, I am not exagerating the 4 quarts. It literally had that much over filled in oil.

What I'm guessing is what happened is who ever was dealing with the car before me, saw the oil pressure light and assumed it was an oil low light. And just added oil until the light stopped. Never checked the dip stick. It's the only way I can figure it happened.

I never vag-com it

Old 01-22-2008, 10:51 PM
1st Gear

Well, here's an update people.
Since no one is taking responsibility, I'm throwing lawsuits at them. By them I mean, The dealership, for the towing expenses, and possibly the engine expenses. With them we can throw all kinds of Lemon Laws against them.

The other lawsuit, would be against audi for not living up to the warrenty they have on the car. But, I'll only go through with that if the attorney thinks I have a case(which I wouldn't see why not).

Either way this car is going to be getting fixed soon, and I'm not paying for it.

Quick Reply: Question on engine prices