Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 AM
1st Gear
Default Radio Wiring Help

So I already searched on multiple forums looking for a solution to my problem. But I just can't find a simple answer. I posted a thread over on the S-Line forum since my car is an S4, but those guys don't have a lot of aftermarket radios installed. So here it goes...

For those of you with aftermarket radios installed, I need your help! First of all I have the Bose Symphony radio. I went out and bought the metra kit that included everything, wiring harness, antenna hookup, and the dash kit. And after modifying the plastic kit a bit I got my DVD player to fit in properly. Then came my wiring. I wired everything up the same as I did in my previous car, but I don't get any sound coming out of my stock bose speakers. However, my telephone speaker plays music perfectly?! So I connected some ear phones to the wires before they got to the audi amp, and I could hear music playing. So my question is, is there a wire I'm missing that sends some code to the audi amp. Any help would be appreciated. I've doen some searching on the site and others, but I can't find a solution to my problem. And is the K-line something to do with my problem?

Thanks, Derek

Old 12-27-2007, 12:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Radio Wiring Help

Anyone?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:13 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Radio Wiring Help

Ok, well I wouldn't call myself an electronics noob, but I certainly made a noob mistake. I "Thought" I had grounded everything, but forgot that Audis use a ground loop that was connected to the back of the old radio. I figured grounding everything else a different way would allow me to cut out the stock grounding plug. Well as I was fooling around with the radio, I happened to touch the metal on the radio to the metal frame in the dash. And Vwala! I had sound coming out of my speakers. So I ended up attaching a clip to the new radio and hooked it up to the stock grounding plug. So I figured out the problem to my question. But there is a little bit of static coming from the speakers, so I'll have to investigate to figure out a way to eliminate that noise. But I'm glad I figured it out.