Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear brakes arrived

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 10:00 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: Rear brakes arrived

They look right except for the threads...make sure you have the tool.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
2nd Gear

This is an odd thread...

Anyway, did that amazingly fast shipping come from ecartoys? I'm so tempted to buy their ceramic pads and tie rod ends that are on sale right now but my GF is gonna kill me if I keep spending $$$ on my car! $25 yesterday for an A pillar boost gauge pod that I woke up this morning and hated [sm=chairshot.gif].

Old 01-05-2006, 10:09 PM
2nd Gear

Well, just keep us posted if they are going to work, i need to order a set in the spring.

Old 01-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: drkenan

This is an odd thread...

Anyway, did that amazingly fast shipping come from ecartoys? I'm so tempted to buy their ceramic pads and tie rod ends that are on sale right now but my GF is gonna kill me if I keep spending $$$ on my car! $25 yesterday for an A pillar boost gauge pod that I woke up this morning and hated [sm=chairshot.gif].
Yeah from ecartoys.com
It was an simple transaction and the shipping was fast and the price was right, but being that its a different brand than what my invoice. I didnt think brembo was a great brand. They are made in italy, and they make ferrari's so thats about the only encouraging thing ive got going on. Im sure they are fine for what i need but i have doubts about its compatibility because i have never in my life seen threads in the holes. If I need to return them I'd like to find out without having to take stuff appart so a response from ecartoys would be SUPER DUPER!

I saw the part# at some website and it was listed for a "96-01 A4 (excluding quattro)" so maybe all you quattro owners dont know about it?? Any front wheel drive people change their rear brakes?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:49 PM
2nd Gear

I think it would be a good idea for all of us to buy from ecartoys since they do sponsor the forum that we hang out at so much. Me personally, I've been on here the entire day and it's like this almost every day b/c I'm usually at work all day long until really late. Anyway, I'm plugging a company I've never used, but I just appreciate them sponsoring the forums.

Old 01-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Site Moderator

ORIGINAL: drkenan

I think it would be a good idea for all of us to buy from ecartoys since they do sponsor the forum that we hang out at so much. Me personally, I've been on here the entire day and it's like this almost every day b/c I'm usually at work all day long until really late. Anyway, I'm plugging a company I've never used, but I just appreciate them sponsoring the forums.
Seems like they have great prices. How long have they been a sponser?

Old 01-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Site Moderator

Alright i think we can end this post i found a picture on audiworld of this:
Wait, I see threads in one but none of the others.. This is on a quattro though

[IMG]local://upfiles/10408/2C23D27AFC424664A54DA43E7C35E01E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-06-2006, 02:25 AM
3rd Gear

im sure youve figured this out by now but i think there is some confusion because our cars dont have lug nuts they have lug bolts.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:35 AM
2nd Gear

Hey i can help you, PM me, its a total PITA cause you gotta pull the whole rotor off by looseening the wheel bearing bolt. Just did my rears a month ago and im frontrak.

Old 01-06-2006, 02:37 AM
2nd Gear

and yes those are the right rotors. I replaced my wheel bearing while i did this you need to rent a bearing press and I got my rear wheel bearing from advanced, only like $8 a side so if they go bad its no biggie.

Quick Reply: Rear brakes arrived