Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

remote acting funny

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Default remote acting funny

so the other night i walked into my bldg. and while going up the stairs i wasn't sure if i had locked my doors or not..
so i pointed my remote out of the 2nd floor window and from at least 20yrds locked my doors....

next morning... i walk up to the door and my doors aren't unlocking.
not even while standing right next to it !!
i can't believe it's the battery considering the distance it worked from just the night before..
so i use the key....

lock doors at work with key... remote still not working...

get off of work... still nothing with the remote (i'm getting bothered by now and wondering if i'm gonna have to have it re-programmed by the dealer of if i could have had the button pressed in in my pocket of something draining the battery...)
so i use the key again ...

get home... shut car off... get out....

THE REMOTE WORKS !!

WTF ???

it's working now but i'm curious..... anyone have ANY IDEA why this was happening ??

Old 01-27-2006, 06:24 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: remote acting funny

there should be instructions in your manual on how to reprogram.
i would know since my remote does the very same damn thing
i searched & posted before and couldn't find a reason for this problem so if you decide to take yours to the dealership please let me know what they do to fix it!!!!

Old 01-28-2006, 09:47 AM
1st Gear

Mine was doing the same thing before I left for Iraq (I miss my car). I didn't find out what was up, so if you find the answer please let us all know.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:20 PM
2nd Gear

Mine did the same thing. First thing I did was replace the batteries. That didn't work. There is a page in the manual that talks about how sometimes if you push the buttons too many times outside of the remotes range it will de-program itself. There are instructions in there - you have to do some button combination. PM me if you don't have a manual and I will go out the car and grab my manual.

Old 01-28-2006, 08:51 PM

a common problem with the remote transmitter is dust build up on the inside of the fob round the buttons causing poor contact ( often over looked )

Old 01-28-2006, 09:04 PM
2nd Gear

Someone else had this problem earlier this week. I posted how to fix it, with a picture from the manual. Should clear it up for you...

Remote Resetting Instructions

Old 02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
1st Gear

I received two remotes with an '01 Audi I just purchased. Both remotes worked fine when I first got them. Just yesterday the remote I've been using regularly stopped working. I tried the reprogramming as stated in the manual with no luck, so I figured it must be batteries. The other remote still worked fine so I took the batteries out of it and placed them in the remote I'm currently using (since I haven't had time to get to the store for new batteries yet). The remote STILL doesn't work. Does it have to be reprogrammed again after replacing the batteries or is something else wrong??