Audi A4 The Audi A4 model offers nimble handling and performance that makes it one of the leading cars in its class. Read more about the Audi A4 in the Audi A4 review.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

this should get u guys responding....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 04:47 PM
1st Gear
Default this should get u guys responding....

2002 B6 A4 1.8T Quattro 5-spd manual...61,000 mi
please read before jumping to conclusions

in regards to the comment that Revo's trial software is toned down because they dont want you to break your stock dv (diverter valve a.k.a bypass valve) that statement is false. the reason that their trial software is toned down is because they do not want to give you their full fledged software as a trial and take the chance of someone being able to hack the free trial timer, turn it off and u get their program for free. that was a statement straight from a Revo dealer. im just not impressed, plus due to the fact that from my research i'm under the impression that GIAC is self adapting to your mods and with Revo u need to purchase one of their SPS contollers to adjust settings such as boost and timing. which is why im kinda leaning more towards APR or GIAC. someone who knows otherwise feel free to prove me wrong, please.

heres what is getting me a lil confused. and the following "facts" im going to lay out is information that i obtained directly from the APR and GIAC official web sites. the following numbers are for the software that each company provides. i dont know the numbers for the revo injector program they only listed the increase a percent. anyone who knows Revo's number please post. thank you

APR stage 1 .............. 215 hp / 245 lb tq
GIAC ........................ 205 hp / 226 lb tq
Revo ........................ 195 hp / 225 lb tq

APR stage 1+ ............ 235 hp / 275lb tq ........ injector upgrade
GIAC FX ................... 220 hp / 246 lb tq ........ injector upgrade

GIAC FXKO4 ............... 248 hp / 266 lb tq ........ K04 turbo upgrade

now as you can see APR seems to be the leader of the pack as far as numbers go, but this is why i dont understand why everyone says that choosing between the three is just a matter of preference and that they all deliver the same horsepower.

to obtain the same amount of power that u would by only installing APR stage 1 software, from GIAC u would need their software and upgraded injectors and only see a 5hp gain over APR.

to obtain the amount of power that u would by installing APR stage 1+ software and upgraded injectors, u would need to install the GIAC software plus upgrade to a K04 turbo. so basically with GIAC id have to spend money to get a k04 as oppose to just going with APR and injectors and settling for 10hp less / 10 tq more?

everyone seems to hate the old APR/GIAC/Revo discussions but in my 20 + hours of searching the forums i havent found one person who has brought this up in this context. ive seen a dyno run in which someone from audiworld i believe tested all three but GIAC's run didnt look right, but regardless.

what here is a matter of preference? whether or not u prefer to spend an extra $1000 on a turbo upgrade for only 10 lb of torgue? it seems to me like every other company is tryin to play catch up to APR's numbers.

or is it that APR's programming runs the K03 to its absolute limit thereby greatly reducing the longevity and reliability of the turbo? and that would be the reason why GIAC and Revo run more conservative numbers? to ensure that their customers get some type of long term life from their stock K03 turbos??

because in my eyes at this moment im seeing the APR stage 1+ software and injector upgrade as the most productive and cost efficient choice to run a stock K03. to run a K04 it seems like GIAC would be the better choice. anyone with numbers and info on revo please post.

please respond with facts not wise cracks, hear say, search comments. forums to me are for educating yourself not getting into little b%$ch fights like 2 yr olds. thank you.
[sm=feedback.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=feedback.gif][sm=feedback.gif]

Old 03-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Default RE: this should get u guys responding....

interesting ish

Old 03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Site Moderator

What the hell... Sometimes you need to wait longer than 30 mins for a reply on a question you have.. I cant believe you reposted a copy of your long *** reply to one of your own previous posts... Chill out man.. Someone will save your day with all the info you need, just have patience..
Your tq. #'s with giac/k04 are off. I think you can get close to 300 tq with the right mods with giac/k04. All I know is that giac has been around longest, 2 revo dealers i know of have switched to giac only, and the people (including myself) that have giac rant and rave a little more than the apr owners. I have experienced apr's base chip and my giac, giac feels way more torqy, but not as smooth-(until i added the n75 race.) Thats all i can give you.. I know that doesnt answer ALL of your questions/concerns/confusion. If you have a b6 i do know that revo is known to work better on those than b5's, and apr as well. I hear more people with B6's going with APR or Revo than giac..

Do a search...

Old 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM
3rd Gear

Theres also one huge flaw with your theroy. High Peak hp and torque numbers wont always make your car as fast as a car with lower hp and torque numbers. Its really the area under the torque curve that counts.

Old 03-25-2006, 04:23 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: dankhound

Theres also one huge flaw with your theroy. High Peak hp and torque numbers wont always make your car as fast as a car with lower hp and torque numbers. Its really the area under the torque curve that counts.
Exactly... I believe I have heard that GIAC's programming is more aggressive, hence the not-so-smooth feeling (until you add the N75) ... so I am thinking GIAC improves hp greatly throughout a larger powerband... while APR hits their peak # and who knows what is happening the rest of the time.

They are both awesome chips though... I don't think anybody has ever bought GIAC, or APR, or REVO, and complained about it.